Help with toner advice after scalp bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirst9009

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if anyone can help,
My client has a scalp bleach blondor and then a grey toner after, whenever I apply the toner after the scalp bleach it never goes fully grey as desired colour always a very clean ice white with silver tones,
I currently use lisaplex smoky crystal toner

The problem I have is when i just use this over highlights or just a general toner the colour is beautiful. It really goes grey and gets to that exact colour that I want,
But the first time I use it over scalp bleach it just doesn’t really seem to take, it’s been on two different clients now so it’s not just one person, I leave it on for 30 minutes all over towel dried hair and I mix 1:2 ratio and 6 vol, I do use olaplex in my scalp bleach beforehand
Do I need to tone twice?

Any advice would be much appreciated thank you

Hi was wondering if anyone can help,
My client has a scalp bleach blondor and then a grey toner after, whenever I apply the toner after the scalp bleach it never goes fully grey as desired colour always a very clean ice white with silver tones,
I currently use lisaplex smoky crystal toner

The problem I have is when i just use this over highlights or just a general toner the colour is beautiful. It really goes grey and gets to that exact colour that I want,
But the first time I use it over scalp bleach it just doesn’t really seem to take, it’s been on two different clients now so it’s not just one person, I leave it on for 30 minutes all over towel dried hair and I mix 1:2 ratio and 6 vol, I do use olaplex in my scalp bleach beforehand
Do I need to tone twice?

Any advice would be much appreciated thank you
Are you using an anti oxidant shampoo or conditioner before applying the toner?

Are you using an anti oxidant shampoo or conditioner before applying the toner?
Just L’Oréal silver shampoo one wash,

I’ve bought purple riot grey toner
Hope this might help next time it’s just a bit bizarre

Just L’Oréal silver shampoo one wash,

I’ve bought purple riot grey toner
Hope this might help next time it’s just a bit bizarre
I'd be looking at using something to stop the oxidation of the bleach first before you apply the toner.
If you have a salon services near you, they sell a mini bottle of wunderbar post colour Shampoo this stops the oxidisation of bleach and colour. Smells amazing and literally is about £4. Always found that after a full head bleach the roots never took a toner the same as the MLE did. But using this definitely helps.

I'd be looking at using something to stop the oxidation of the bleach first before you apply the toner.
If you have a salon services near you, they sell a mini bottle of wunderbar post colour Shampoo this stops the oxidisation of bleach and colour. Smells amazing and literally is about £4. Always found that after a full head bleach the roots never took a toner the same as the MLE did. But using this definitely helps.
Omg thank you for this!
Really appreciate it
You’re a star Ron ray!
I will keep you updated how I get on thank you!

Latest posts

Back