Hair | Ted Gibson's $950 Haircut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Holy haircut! Ted Gibson, celebrity stylist and TV personality, is offering the most expensive hair cut in the world and what's more, he's hoping to up the price to $1,500 and reckons he'll still have a waiting list. Gibson reckons the demand for the kind of experience he offers hasn't let up despite the tough financial climate.

So, what does the most expensive hair cut get you? For that money, Ted himself will wash your hair (how down to earth of him) and spend an hour and a quarter cutting your hair in either his New York salon or his new Ft. Lauderdale salon. Currently, he has ten people on the waiting list in NYC and twenty-five lining up in Ft. Lauderdale. The average waiting time is between one month and eight weeks.

Surprisingly, this isn't a treatment for the rich and famous. For celebrities, Gibson says he usually services them outside of the salon and will therefore charge his day rate which is much higher. Some customers, he says, are simply fans of the show What Not To Wear but the majority are actually "mid-income" women seeking the same luxury experience Gibson provides for clients before the Oscars or Grammies.

"I'm bringing that same kind of access to the Upper East Side woman. The woman from New Jersey. The woman whose husband wants to give her a gift for the holidays," says the most expensive hairdresser in the world. Gibson strives to make the experience a lasting one (not at one hour and forty five minutes he doesn't!) and says the value is in getting to know clients and make them feel special. I have to ask though, isn't that what every client is entitled to expect from a hair appointment at any price?

Gibson says the ability to make people feel great is priceless. I say the ability to make people feel great is a fundamental skill that every hairdresser needs and surely it shouldn't take $950 to guarantee? Gibson, unsurprisingly, disagrees.

"Hair, more than clothes and the make up and the Mercedes and the Jaguar - dictates how a woman feels about who she really is." Oh, and he reckons you can all do the same thing. "Every hairdresser in the world should charge $950 or more," he quips.

So, who's with Gibson and his $950 haircut? Anyone going to give it a shot?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• ted gibson money.jpg
    ted gibson money.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 424
I feel bad when i add an extra few pounds on for extra colouring!

Dont think id cope with asking for $950 at the reception after the service!!!:suprised:

If people are willing to pay that amount of money for a hair cut then more fool them.

LOL he washes their hair himself lol Well i wouldnt be spending that amount on my hair EVER even if i was loaded :D

I love my hairdresser but if I ever payed that price it better come with a free ride to the Psychiatric hospital as I have now officially gone coo-coo bananas!

I think it's silly to think that "ordinary" (as in not celebs) would ever justify paying that kind of money on themselves for a hair cut! I personally couldn't afford the guilt I'd feel paying that out on my hair let alone the actual money!
But I suppose for celebrities who like to pay more for everything even a tin of beans I can see why they would! Lol x

Latest posts

Back