Hair turned blue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninar

Reaction score
hi geeks I'm a level 2 qualified for 13 years, my friend (luckily) wanted to go silver. She's a natural base 5 will full head bleach 20vol highlightes. I decided to do a full head bleach application 20vol on roots and bleach 10vol on the mid length n ends to lift the bits I missed in the highlights I then toned with Royal 0-11 then washed n went back in with 9-5,22. 9-5,1 and abit 0-22 I think this is where iv gone wrong n added too much 0-22 in. Any ways it was blue on her roots n bits throughout her hair. She hated it, so been back over today n done a mild bleach bath to get fit of blue which it did thank god! Then I toned with 9-5,22 9-5,1 and 0-11 n it can out a lovely blonde but now saying she wants more silvery. I'm stumped on what to do now, I said we need to give her hair a break for abit n plenty of treatments then I will take her to a silvery colour. Il attach some pics see what you guys can suggest, thankyou cc

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    608.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    524.6 KB · Views: 37
So if you look on the one where it's grabbed you can see the blue tone and then a mucky khaki silvery tone? Personal I don't think you've got enough lift in certain places to me, you need a really clean/white. 9-5,22 is blue tone isn't it? So blue + yellow = green which is what you can see on the majority where it isn't blue.

I would take some test cuttings and see what happens if you put on the mixture again I've used that mixture before and got an good silver. I would also try a cutting with some lightener and 10 vol or lower as you still need some lift.

In mean time retail her a good silver shampoo and treatments like you said and if you have olaplex use that too x

So if you look on the one where it's grabbed you can see the blue tone and then a mucky khaki silvery tone? Personal I don't think you've got enough lift in certain places to me, you need a really clean/white. 9-5,22 is blue tone isn't it? So blue + yellow = green which is what you can see on the majority where it isn't blue.

I would take some test cuttings and see what happens if you put on the mixture again I've used that mixture before and got an good silver. I would also try a cutting with some lightener and 10 vol or lower as you still need some lift.

In mean time retail her a good silver shampoo and treatments like you said and if you have olaplex use that too x
Thankyou. I do need to go in n lift some other pieces but I'm gona wait n give her treatments. Thanks for your reply x

Thankyou. I do need to go in n lift some other pieces but I'm gona wait n give her treatments. Thanks for your reply x
No problem but the colours you've used do make a lovely silver/grey it's just adjusting the mix to achieve the colour that you want! X

Latest posts

Back