Hair-up qualification necessary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luanndanielle

Reaction score
Evening!

So, I'm looking at more courses I can do once my hairdresser training has finished and I would like to be able to do hair ups.

My question is, if I was doing session work/bridal etc, do I really need to pay out for a 'professional' hair styling course to get the certificate or can I just learn this stuff myself now that I have training in prepping/setting the hair? Does it just come down to my imagination or do I need that extra certificate?

Any advice would be gratefully received as it will make the difference between forking out nearly a grand or not!

practice, practice, practice. :) duno about course for hair up, im sure someone more experienced will answer but imo, if you are good you are good, it will show in your work, from working in the salons i did notice that in all of them, not everyone did them, maybe 1 or 2 stylists took all up dos, and they were always amazing looking! the rest couldnt do them. seems its one of those things you either like it or dont.

If you already have your level 2, you are qualified to do 'hair up'.

I'm not a fan of hair ups so I'd probably benefit from such courses but as the other poster said, some people just have a natural flair for them so I'm guessing you do too?

If you're looking for employment, you probably just need to create a portfolio of your best work to show potential employees/clients?

If you can afford it, consider using professional models and a photographer.

Thanks for your response. I spoke with my tutor today and she pretty much mirrored what you guys said. It's all about practice. You don't need a specific certificate etc. Woo good news for me!

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for answering :) spoke to my tutor and she said the same so thankfully I won't be forking out on a 'professional hair styling' course.

Just gonna keep practicing :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back