Hair weave extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniw2013

Reaction score
ive recently had some weave extensions put in but havent been given any advice on how to treat them with reguards to shampoo and conditioner. ive looked at other forums to see if i could get any ideas but have had no look. one forum mentioned herbal essence would be fine, which is the shampoo and conditioner i usually use, but this just makes the weave slip out.

can anybody help me please?
Jenni x

generally most shampoo and conditioner is ok for weaves , but i would recommend you use a proffesional range on your hair , they are much better quality and last longer :)

Dont put conditioner on the roots or near the weave.
It really shouldnt be slipping , are u sure they have been done properly ? When i have mine done they are very very tight and well done they dont slip ? They just grow with your hair.

If they are slipping i would go back and complain x

Thank you! :)
I didnt have them done at a salon. My friend did it who's training to be a hair extension specialest and she's only just started so she's not quite got it yet i dont think. I was her first live model soo =/

but from what youve said i wasnt conditioning it properly so i guess i have myself to blame slightly too :/ THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! :D

I would be questioning why you didnt get an after care advise slip - get in touch with whoever done it and ask her to email you one/drop one by as soon as, as its not just what you use to wash your hair, its how your brush it etc too that effects it!

I find Johnstons no tangles shampoo and conditioner is really good for extensions or L'oreal - can remember the name of conditioner but it looks like this in with orange caps not red:
LOréal Paris Elvive Full Restore 5 conditioner 400ml - Boots

Just make sure you dont put conditioner on your roots/near the bonds :)

Latest posts

Back