Hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snyggiss

Reaction score
what is it with hairdressers, when you tell them to cut off 3 cm and specifically SHOW them how much that is , they still decide to cut off 8 cm...... next time I will take a ruler with me!;(

You went to a bad hairdresser!

You went to a bad hairdresser!

:( yes probably, but problem is whenever I go to one that does what I say, they move!!! as Im in London they tend to move on........... so everytime its a new one.. :( I get so upset! I even phoned them beforehand to explain that I dont want a hairdresser that will decide themselves what they want to cut off my long blonde hair!!! now I have to grow it for months to get it the way I like it.. and when I came home I saw that in the front there was one section that was way longer than the other side! I had to cut it myself.. all this for 35 pounds!

I think making sweeping generalisations that all hairdressers don't listen and cut too much off is a bit unfair and downright insulting!

If you find ALL hairstylists do this to you then maybe you or your hair is the problem?? How well are you explaining yourself? Is your hair more damaged then you like to admit?

Growing it for months with mean its knackard and will end up needing more cut off and then you will be complaining again..

In fact, I think this thread should be closed as its moaning about lots of members trade and degrading it. Don't make sweeping generalisations about me and my work. Thank you

I think making sweeping generalisations that all hairdressers don't listen and cut too much off is a bit unfair and downright insulting!

If you find ALL hairstylists do this to you then maybe you or your hair is the problem?? How well are you explaining yourself? Is your hair more damaged then you like to admit?

Growing it for months with mean its knackard and will end up needing more cut off and then you will be complaining again..

hello
of course i dont... I did write that i have had good ones but they move away.. Im a hairdresser myself i studied it for three years (but I dont use it I chose beauty instead) and I get comments on my hair always, how shiny and lovely my hair is. .. I try to remember to go for a cut on 4 months intervals at least but Im always scared as so many times i end up being disappointed.. it was more of a spontanious rant more than anythng.. not meaning at all to insult anyone. Not meaning at all that ALL hairdressers are bad either.. it was a rant.. its called the chat forum, people rant here all the time.. Im sorry if I offended you i really didnt meant to

hello
of course i dont... I did write that i have had good ones but they move away.. Im a hairdresser myself i studied it for three years (but I dont use it I chose beauty instead) and I get comments on my hair always, how shiny and lovely my hair is. .. I try to remember to go for a cut on 4 months intervals at least but Im always scared as so many times i end up being disappointed.. it was more of a spontanious rant more than anythng.. not meaning at all to insult anyone. Not meaning at all that ALL hairdressers are bad either.. it was a rant.. its called the chat forum, people rant here all the time.. Im sorry if I offended you i really didnt meant to
There is a difference between a chat forum and a "rant about a whole trade and generalise that they always cut too much off and would require my bringing a ruler to do their job properly" forum

How would you feel reading this

BEAUTICIANS (yes I know its therapists)

Why do they always get my nails so wrong. I tell them exactly what shape and length I want them but they always take them too short and square when I want almonds shapes. Next time I will take a template for them..

There is a difference between a chat forum and a "rant about a whole trade and generalise that they always cut too much off and would require my bringing a ruler to do their job properly" forum

Why do they always get my nails so wrong. I tell them exactly what shape and length I want them but they always take them too short and square when I want almonds shapes. Next time I will take a template for them..

I get your point but I still think you are taking it a bit too seriusly!!! just my view.. sorry

plus there are have been rants about beauticans too Im sure, in every trade you get good and bad experiences and its human nature to rant about the bad ones!!!! Im not attacking anyone or a whole trade.. I had a bad hairdresser. Lots of preople have had bad experiences at hairdressers.. and at beauticans.. !

plus there are have been rants about beauticans too Im sure, in every trade you get good and bad experiences and its human nature to rant about the bad ones!!!! Im not attacking anyone or a whole trade.. I had a bad hairdresser. Lots of preople have had bad experiences at hairdressers.. and at beauticans.. !

Then I would start a new thread talking about your bad experience with the hairstylist who cut your hair NOTa general "hairdressers are evil" one ;)
Don't tar us all with the same brush.

Then I would start a new thread talking about your bad experience with the hairstylist who cut your hair NOTa general "hairdressers are evil" one ;)
Don't tar us all with the same brush.

well Im not! sorry if I offended anyone!!!!!!!!!! I guess you are referring to the subject field, it was completely spontanious "hairdressers", maybe it should have been "at the hairdressers" but its so easy to offend anyone, believe me i wasnt meaning to
love and peace ! X

I re read my post and I can see that you think i generalise..I did scream to my partner when I came home that I hate hairdressers! its what you do when your peed off..! but the one i had before this one time (she moved) was ok, ive had terrible ones and Ive had good ones.. so just to correct myself and make it clear, i dont think ALL hairdressers are crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the OP was having a generalised rant, with no intention of offending anyone either as a whole or individually.

To avoid this thread being blown out of all proportion, I am now closing it but in the meantime would like to remind you that if posts are directed at one person, then they should be taken to PM - this is actually a Salon Geek Rule by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back