Hairdressing qualification

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Hope someone is able to help! I done an apprenticeship in hairdressing around 9 years ago but had to leave the salon before I completed it.
(I missed two modules, one for sales and another theory based)

I have all my colouring/cutting/styling/H&S etc

I emailed city and guilds (who I have completed the training with) and they just told me to Contact my local training centre, which really doesn't answer my question.
I'm thinking a out going back into hairdressing, I was going to do refresher courses and lots of research etc and do some baylage courses to familiarise myself with the new trends however would I be allowed to do hair without having the NVQ level 2 cert. Even though I only missed a sales module? Or will I have to go back and start from the beginning?

Thanks in advance

You have some experience but won’t be insurable without having confirmation of the minimum level 2 qualification from City & Guilds.

In your shoes, because you need to get formally re-assessed, I’d ring your local hairdressing training centres explaining your situation and ask if they offer any fast track type courses. When I completed my level 3, my husband was seriously ill and my lovely tutor let me join some of her other level 3 classes to get my assessments completed much more quickly.

However, you will probably be charged the full course fee rate, so make sure you check the fees before signing up to a course.

Also, both City & Guilds and VTCT (other main examination body) now routinely offer VRQ’s rather than NVQ’s if your training is college based.

Latest posts

Back