Hand and Nail Harmony files/buffers going blunt quickly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

char1112

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had a Harmony nail file (240 grit) and buffer (100/180 grit) and done maybe 4-5 clients nails (plus my own nails twice) and I've noticed that they've blunted really quickly. Is this really common? I've never used their files before but decided I wanted everything with the same branding because I think it looks more professional.

At the moment they're still useable but they have definitely blunted more quickly than my old files. I don't know whether it might be the way I file the nails, maybe I'm doing them too hard?!

Char x

Never had a problem with their files I find them to be the best I have used! X

Aw I'm really gutted, it must be my technique :( I'll have to have a look see if I'm too harsh with them or if they're rubbing against anything in my box, thanks for the reply x

I found them to wear quickly too xx

I find they wear quickly too. Especially the softer ones.
And especially for the price of them. They are great but that is a downfall.
I think it also depends on how you clean and sanitise them too. Using water breaks them down.
Dry brushing the dust off then using a nail sanitiser is what was recommended to me.

Laura xx

Yes my buffers go very quickly although I do love them. Too expensive I'm treating alternatives currently!

Ive also found my blunt very quickly. It is a problem but I like to keep my whole system as Gelish/Nail Harmony so I will just put up with it. It may be worth emailing your educator and see if she has any tips on how to make them last longer x

I'm having the same problem, and was going to ask if anyone else had tried and could recommend any other files, they are quite expensive to be replacing every couple of clients.

I've never replaced my buffer and I got this in April in my acrylic kit when I done my course. I have replaced the 180 grit file once. I find brushing them after every use has made mine last longer :) x

Leely x

I've never replaced my buffer and I got this in April in my acrylic kit when I done my course. I have replaced the 180 grit file once. I find brushing them after every use has made mine last longer :) x

Leely x

I'll have to give that a try! Can't afford to be shelling out every few weeks for new files!

Thanks everyone xx

I'm having the same problem, and was going to ask if anyone else had tried and could recommend any other files, they are quite expensive to be replacing every couple of clients.

I like tropical shine files, my only mumble is they are all straight files no boomerang or curved and I do love the harmony buffers, not so keen on the files and I do like to have every grit going haha! X

Latest posts

Back