Handling waitlists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a new front desk coordinator in the US for a hair salon and I am surprised by the lack of information on waitlists. I was wondering if any of you work with salons that consistently use waitlists and if so, what are some tips you have in regards to maintaining them, and keeping people on those lists, happy. Also if there is a topic already posted that answers this, please direct me there! Thank you! Look forward to discussing this!

We often have a fully booked diary so a lot of our regulars book a few appointments in advance. Anyone not able to get an appointment is asked if they would like to go on our wait list. We take name and number and any other relevant details and if anyone re-arranges or cancels an appointment we just look through the lists and call them to fill the gap. Obviously sometimes they have arranged to go elsewhere but we do our best to fit people in. We do however prioritise regular clients. Make sure you ask potential client to put your number in their phone so they know if youve tried getting hold of them if they're in work etc. Hope this makes sense and helps .

I use a booking system called Ovatu and this has a waiting list function

Latest posts

Back