Hard chunks in wax after heating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaMac

Reaction score
Hello.

I'm using hot wax and after heating I noticed some hard chunks that were not melting so I emptied it out and added fresh stuff.

Now the same thing is happening. There are hard chunks that are just not melting. I can feel them as soon as I dip my stick in and move it around.

Is it possible I have burnt part of the wax, by leaving it on high for to long?

I'm so confused. This has not happened before.
I should add, that I am re using a tin. Don't think that would make a difference though.

Thanks

What wax are you using and what temperature is it at?

If you're not doing anything differently to normal but it's never happened before, maybe the room temperature now as the weather has got colder, has made a difference.

My wax has a lump/ball of only semi-melted wax in the middle of the tin.

Generally if it's all completely liquified then it's too hot.

What wax are you using and what temperature is it at?

If you're not doing anything differently to normal but it's never happened before, maybe the room temperature now as the weather has got colder, has made a difference.

My wax has a lump/ball of only semi-melted wax in the middle of the tin.

Generally if it's all completely liquified then it's too hot.

I'm using sharonelle Azulene. I don't know the exact temperature. I always turn it on high and then turn it to low when there is still the semi soft lump in the middle. But I have left it on high until it's completely melted at times. But these are literally small chunks and stringy type of pieces that get stuck and don't spread. It's very weird.
I can feel them somewhat stuck to the bottom of the tin.
I should add this wax is just for my personal use.

I attached a photo. I was doing some testing and trial and error to see if the chunks would spread or get stuck when ripping off. They did sometimes get stuck.

Thanks for your help. I just got this new wax and love it but I have went back to satin smooth because of this. And it is working fine

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    798.5 KB · Views: 23
Do you heat the tin evenly?
Using what?

It says at the top you're using a tin.
Using tin may cause heat not evenly distributed.

Other causes - some ingredients in waxes do not withstand excessive heat therefore, it is recommended to adjust it to the temperature of use.
It seems right to put it at maximum just to get it melted quickly, but in fact it may cause the wax to deteriorate.
Try it.

It says at the top you're using a tin.
Using tin may cause heat not evenly distributed.

Other causes - some ingredients in waxes do not withstand excessive heat therefore, it is recommended to adjust it to the temperature of use.
It seems right to put it at maximum just to get it melted quickly, but in fact it may cause the wax to deteriorate.
Try it.
Sorry, I might not be calling it what it actually is. But what am I supposed to use for the wax if I don't use the tin it comes in?? Or an empty one. I need something to put the wax in?

So I should try not heating it at high to see if that helps. I will try that. Thank you

Latest posts

Back