Has anybody here done ITEC nail technology course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy Beauty

Reaction score
I'm currently doing ITEC nail technology with my beauty therapy course and honesty my whole class has no confidence with our teacher.

As we've done other ITEC exams before, we know they can be strict in what they want to see, but every time we ask what procedure should we follow for the exam we're told it doesn't matter and that ITEC needs to get with the times. And we're learning almost no theory!

We've only been given 8 weeks for the course (1 day a week) and next week we will be halfway through and we're all worried that we'll go into the exam and immediately be told to stop because we'll have no official procedure and we'll all be doing different things.

I'd just like to know is there an official procedure ITEC want you to follow in the practical exam. Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks! x

I've studied level 2 beauty with itec and yes, they are very strict and you have to know your stuff inside out, as you get theory tests and oral questions during the practical. Go on itecworld.co.uk look up your qualification and you will find a sheet on there with exactly what your exam will entail, also sheets with exactly what you need to know. Good luck x

I recently did the ITEC Nail Technology exam. We had to have tips applied to our models left hand, filed and blended before the exam started. A short square shape is fine.

Once the exam started we had to apply tips to the thumb, middle and little fingers of the right hand, and sculpting forms to the index and ring fingers.

We had to apply gel pink and whites to the left hand, and acrylic pink and whites to the right hand. As far as I can remember we were allowed to use the application in reverse method but most of us weren't confident with it and just did the traditional application.

Once applied, we filed into shape and finished with a gel topcoat. The exam was 1hr 30mins long. Our examiner waited until the end and then we were asked one question each, mine was on aftercare.

Hope that helps x

Last edited:
I recently did the ITEC Nail Technology exam. We had to have tips applied to our models left hand, filed and blended before the exam started. A short square shape is fine.

Once the exam started we had to apply tips to the thumb, middle and ring fingers of the right hand, and sculpting forms to the index and ring fingers.

We had to apply gel pink and whites to the left hand, and acrylic pink and whites to the right hand. As far as I can remember we were allowed to use the application in reverse method but most of us weren't confident with it and just did the traditional application.

Once applied, we filed into shape and finished with a gel topcoat. The exam was 1hr 30mins long. Our examiner waited until the end and then we were asked one question each, mine was on aftercare.

Hope that helps x
Thank you! That's actually a massive help and good to hear. At least I can tell the other girls in my class now and we can practice for the exam. Thanks again x

Thank you! That's actually a massive help and good to hear. At least I can tell the other girls in my class now and we can practice for the exam. Thanks again x

No problem - I did my exam in June 2016 so I'd also do as others have suggested and check the ITEC website, just in case there have been any changes made.

Hi, I did itec level2 nail technology and had my exams in January. Your teacher must give you the 'Learner Guidance Notes' and 'Marking Criteria'. I'll try to upload mine. Good luck!!

Attachments

• received_1720169534666443.jpeg
    received_1720169534666443.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 13
  • received_1720169484666448.jpeg
    received_1720169484666448.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 10
  • received_1720169414666455.jpeg
    received_1720169414666455.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
  • received_1720169374666459.jpeg
    received_1720169374666459.jpeg