Having problems with fan shaped nails.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odee

Reaction score
I Have recently started taking on some new clients after being at home with my boys for 7 years. I have worked in this time but was fortunitly lucky to keep a bunch of clients that didn't mind me working around my childrens needs (and my husbands). I had been very nervous on taking on new clients at first, but not so bad. The thing is is this. I have a client who's nails are small and fan shaped. Now she likes then narrow but then of course you would now that if im narrowing them when they grow she has a step in the side wall where her own nail grows at the smile line. then look wider than the enhancement, which then in turn leaving bare nail for the client free to pick and even if she didn't a great place for it to lift. If i don't do my side walls front on and keep them in line from the side view (hope you know what i mean) they look wide then in turn the client request me to make then narrower. And so the cycle begins again. This client is lovely and doen't understand why her nail always go at the sides,What am i doing wrong? How can i make this problem better? Im using gel pink and white, which i have to make sure that they dont look to bulky due to her nail shape. Painted them once french they did look better but she didn't like as it didn't last the same as the pow. They take me forever and i feel that im not doing my job properly, hope you can help.

Well there is no magic cure for this difficult shape. The fact is that you have to narrow them from the smile line and then create the lower arch at each and every appointment ... That is just the way it is I'm afraid.

So its not me then? Feel a Whole lot better if its not. I always have to build it up your right.

So its not me then? Feel a Whole lot better if its not. I always have to build it up your right.

No you are not doing anything wrong as far as I am aware. They are what they are and you can't really change that exept temporarily.

thanks ever so much. Im loving this salon geek. haven't had a computer long the 1st thing i did was get hooked on this. Its a god send with loads of info i could't believe, Great when your confidence is low and you work alone. Thanks again

thanks ever so much. Im loving this salon geek. haven't had a computer long the 1st thing i did was get hooked on this. Its a god send with loads of info i could't believe, Great when your confidence is low and you work alone. Thanks again

I'm so glad. We've been helping others like you for many years now! X

Latest posts

Back