Having trouble getting clients for a home based salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing i think people forget is pricing...many people don't have prices high enough for the market they are trying to attract. Some people go for budget in which case cheap is the way to go but other want luxury and often believe that the more expensive must be better in some way and often it is...more money coming in means more to spend on better products, time, training etc...all those things that make something that little bit more special and worth paying the extra for.

This is true. I also am surrounded by NSS salons in the city and one of the main reasons I get those clients is mainly they look at quality. I wouldn't say price is a factor; for example, one of the clients I had this week is a professional and she usually have her nails done in Essex. She complained that the nail techs in the city centre in Lancaster where charging £33 for gel polish and didn't include any cuticle work which is fundamental for product adherence.

In another country (British by the way), my mum has her nails done at a local nail salon - she gets charged about £45 for gel polish and a soak off. But here's the rub, they now use semilac instead of biogel - the former is not IMO a professional brand as they sell it to anyone whether they are qualified or not. I keep telling her that she is being ripped off.

So in my experience, high prices do not dictate if you are good or bad.

Get Facebook. I ran social media for a sports team and it was always the platform with the most genuine interaction whereas insta was good for getting our name out and having fun with images but FB was bread and butter.

With my nails Facebook is where I'm getting shares and then people who are friends of friends are asking about me. Eg. My mum is my biggest fan (obvs) and people she works with are contacting me because she shares every time I post. With Insta the algorithms work differently and it's not always the most recent images that people get.

Latest posts

Back