HD - am I too late?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polished&Glow

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I am really debating on wether or not to go for the HD Brow training. As we all know its not the cheapest of courses, to essentially train in something I feel competent at already. However, everyone loves the HD brand & clients are still wanting the HD brows done, but i feel the request for them has decreased at my work, as we offer a similar alternative. My question is really do you think the HD brow treatment craze has had it's day, or do you think it's a treatment here to stay & continue to be popular? Have I missed their potential by thinking about this too late?

If it helps I am currently employed part time in a salon, and am looking to start doing a few mobile treatments on the side part time when I leave work to start my teaching position in sept.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts :) Thanks x x

I don't think you're too late at all, although there are alternatives out there I still firmly believe HD's are the best! The training is excellent, I really would recommend it! Expensive but the amount of interest I've had since training I really believe the cost will be worth it!

Obviously it's up to you to decide but I think it's been worth every penny!
Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)xx

I'm really interested to know this as well!! From what I've heard from clients/friends etc they all feel its a bit of a fad.

They have all said that without the shadow it's just like any ordinary wax/thread and tint.

HOWEVER, I've never had the treatment done myself and I still would really like to do the course.

Hope someone can help!!!
❤

Also what I'd say is that before I went to the training I had my HD's done by about four different salons! What I realised is that HDs really do take time and effort! Only one of my appointments did I come out feeling like I'd had the true HD treatment! The other ones I frankly felt cheated out of the £25! They didn't do all the seven steps and I felt rushed out the salon! At the training they really stress that its a bespoke luxury brow treatment that if done properly will bring you in a lot of repeat custom!

So what I'm getting at is that as long as you stick to the seven steps and don't get lazy with the treatment then it will always remain popular!

Xx

Hi geeks!

I am really debating on wether or not to go for the HD Brow training. As we all know its not the cheapest of courses, to essentially train in something I feel competent at already. However, everyone loves the HD brand & clients are still wanting the HD brows done, but i feel the request for them has decreased at my work, as we offer a similar alternative. My question is really do you think the HD brow treatment craze has had it's day, or do you think it's a treatment here to stay & continue to be popular? Have I missed their potential by thinking about this too late?

If it helps I am currently employed part time in a salon, and am looking to start doing a few mobile treatments on the side part time when I leave work to start my teaching position in sept.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts :) Thanks x x

I feel exactly the same i would have like to have done the training years ago when i did lashes, but the lashes didn't take of that well for me do more now but thats why i didn't at the time, since then i thought id missed the boat with it but wen to an open evening at HD HQ in Yorkshire and love it booked it today, i to can thread tint wax etc and am thinking this is effectively the most expensive poster and leaflets I've ever bought but since having my own brows done clients have noticed and are now talking about it and im just really excited about the training :)

I am thinking this is effectively the most expensive poster and leaflets I've ever bought

Haha, I was thinking this earlier!! :-D

I'm totally sold on the whole HD concept & love the look & the approach to the treatment as a luxury brow treatment, that sounds amazing claire_emily. When I have had my own HD brows done i have felt rushed & my experience of the treatment most definitely wasn't bespoke.

I know of therapists doing extremely well with HD & making lots of money & gaining loyal client following! I suppose i just worry that by the time I save up no one will be interested any more! Haha!

If only money was no object hey?!
Xx

Claire_emily, do you know if you train with a salon, & were to then leave/go it alone/move salons, would you be able to open an account & purchase HD stock?

Just thinking of different ways around that huge number :-o & the possibility of training as a second therapist. :)

Thanks xx

Completely agree Polish&Go!!!!

I'm saving!!

🙊

****Polished&Go
Sorry!!!!

You can leave and set up and account provided you have the permission of the person who paid for the training.

The main cost difference however is the kit as you'll still need to buy all the suff.

Completely agree Polish&Go!!!!

I'm saving!!

🙊

Haha. We should have a saving for training post to encourage one another!!

Kaysmith87. Thank you for your input. The set up is what I was also keeping in mind. Thanks!

Xx

Latest posts

Back