Heating suggestions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charl12dance

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am looking for advice for the best form of heating in my salon. There is no central heating and I am using small electric heaters for my treatment rooms and they work fine. But my reception and nail area is really big and I’ve got 2 floor to celling windows so I need something good to heat. Any ideas and recommendations welcome. Thanks in advance x

My salon used to be freezing in winter as we have a big space and one wall is shop window. I installed an expensive German radiator under my window believing their calculator which said that would be all I needed - but it just wasn't. We ended up huddled over 2 kilowatt portable heaters which looked scruffy and we were still really uncomfortable.

Last winter I installed ceiling mounted infrared heaters which my brother supplied and fitted. They are fantastic, they are just slim white heaters which you don't notice at all. They're not heavy. The heat is very controllable, i have a room thermostat and I just flick it up or down 0.5° to tweak the comfort level and it takes effect within 10 mins. I've saved a lot on my heating bill and I don't have clients looking uncomfortable at our manicure desks.

Infrared heating is very efficient. I get more heating effect out of a 900Watt infrared heater than a 2kilowatt oil filled radiator and I don't need to switch it on hours before we open. I've recommended them to everyone I meet. Infrared heat penetrates into solid objects like the walls and floor and warms them. This means that even when the air temperature is a bit nippy, you feel warm, because the walls are warmer than the air. The've saved me loads on my electric bill and we feel much warmer.

They last for 20+ years, there's no maintenance and the installation is mess free and quick. You can take them with you when you move.

My brother is called Philip, his business is https://goodlife-heating.com/supplies and he installs all over the UK. He's very helpful so he'll give you advice about whether this option will be right for you.

My salon used to be freezing in winter as we have a big space and one wall is shop window. I installed an expensive German radiator under my window believing their calculator which said that would be all I needed - but it just wasn't. We ended up huddled over 2 kilowatt portable heaters which looked scruffy and we were still really uncomfortable.

Last winter I installed ceiling mounted infrared heaters which my brother supplied and fitted. They are fantastic, they are just slim white heaters which you don't notice at all. They're not heavy. The heat is very controllable, i have a room thermostat and I just flick it up or down 0.5° to tweak the comfort level and it takes effect within 10 mins. I've saved a lot on my heating bill and I don't have clients looking uncomfortable at our manicure desks.

Infrared heating is very efficient. I get more heating effect out of a 900Watt infrared heater than a 2kilowatt oil filled radiator and I don't need to switch it on hours before we open. I've recommended them to everyone I meet. Infrared heat penetrates into solid objects like the walls and floor and warms them. This means that even when the air temperature is a bit nippy, you feel warm, because the walls are warmer than the air. The've saved me loads on my electric bill and we feel much warmer.

They last for 20+ years, there's no maintenance and the installation is mess free and quick. You can take them with you when you move.

My brother is called Philip, his business is https://goodlife-heating.com/supplies and he installs all over the UK. He's very helpful so he'll give you advice about whether this option will be right for you.
Are these the ones that can be used indoor and out door ? [emoji4]

Just had look at the website wow these lool brillient

Latest posts

Back