Hello! Most popular Shellac colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkers Pamper

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the site and literally just building my collection of CND Shellac polishes. I really want to purchase top 10 most popular. I have Wildfire, Tropix, Black Pool and was thinking of French Manicure colours clearly pink and studio white. What other recommendations could you make? I'm not being lazy just picking the brains of the professionals! Thank you heaps..... :)

Strangely my clients can't get enough of blue rapture! I have it in shellac and vinylux and they LOVE it! Also a must have is silver & gold VIP and I love zillionaire. Ruby ritz duo for Christmas.. And masquerade is a beautiful Wintery colour!
Hope this helps! X x

Hello, I'm new to the site and literally just building my collection of CND Shellac polishes. I really want to purchase top 10 most popular. I have Wildfire, Tropix, Black Pool and was thinking of French Manicure colours clearly pink and studio white. What other recommendations could you make? I'm not being lazy just picking the brains of the professionals! Thank you heaps..... :)

I personally think beau or negligee are nicer for French with cream puff than clearly pink. It's too clear for my liking, I also find studio white needs more coats.

red baroness is a popular one with me, bare chemise and rock royalty I've used a lot lately. My most used colour of all time is Rose Bud.

I prefer beau and studio white for French and I feel it's more softer and natural I find cream puff hard to work with and looks like tip ex when on (just my opionion)

My clients most popular colours by far are grape gum and pink bikini!!

Last edited:
I would also go for negligee or beau for french, or maybe even moonlight and roses, gives a little more coverage. My clients popular colours are wildfire, rubble, pink bikini, lobster roll, fedora and steelgaze and rockroyalty. I would also invest in some nude colours like the intimate collection if I were you! Good luck, it's hard to choose ;-)

I love clearly pink, studio white, tinted love, ruby ritz, decadence, dark lava xx

All the colours mentioned are fab but don't worry about not having loads of colours at the start. I have 38 and with layering I've managed to create 90 different colour styles clients can choose from! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385562136.917299.jpg

All the colours mentioned are fab but don't worry about not having loads of colours at the start. I have 38 and with layering I've managed to create 90 different colour styles clients can choose from! View attachment 48975

I've been doing Shellac for years and even I'm in ore of this picture!!! Fab collection! x

I've been doing Shellac for years and even I'm in ore of this picture!!! Fab collection! x

Thank you! Some I love more than others! Really into the greens at the moment! No one usually wants them but since I've layered them people want them! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385580939.257509.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385580950.608657.jpg

Vanity beauty could you post a pic of the exact colours used for your layering or message me. I can't quite see the combos on the pic and they look lovely I want to try :) x

Vanity beauty could you post a pic of the exact colours used for your layering or message me. I can't quite see the combos on the pic and they look lovely I want to try :) x

PM'd you hun :)

Is there a knack to this layering?? I tried a few the other night off the official cnd layering options sheet and they looked a mess! Fedora and Romantique went all stripey, tropix and cream puff was no different than just tropic by itself!, Fedora and tutti frutti looked great but edges were still like fedora no matter how much I went over them etc! Any advice appreciated! Does it matter if first coat looks sheer as normal, you still only apply 1 coat of each col? :)

Is there a knack to this layering?? I tried a few the other night off the official cnd layering options sheet and they looked a mess! Fedora and Romantique went all stripey, tropix and cream puff was no different than just tropic by itself!, Fedora and tutti frutti looked great but edges were still like fedora no matter how much I went over them etc! Any advice appreciated! Does it matter if first coat looks sheer as normal, you still only apply 1 coat of each col? :)

Mine goes exactly the same! Some of them look really streaky and patchy I don't know what I'm doing wrong :confused:

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I've only just started layering but certain colours look horrible layered in my opinion. I find the best ones are when the first colour is opaque and the second colour is slightly sheer or not as opaque as the first. I do one coat of each unless the first coat didn't give enough coverage x

Instead of PMing everyone it's probably easier doing it on this thread..

Ive taken away all the normal colours and just uploading the layered ones..

Sheers & Whites
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641415.515380.jpg
-From left to right

M&R & zillionaire
Beau & zillionaire
Cream puff & M&R
Cream puff & zillionaire
M&R & iridescent Pearl glitter

Pinks
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641629.044397.jpg
-from left to right

Strawberry S & negligee
Strawberry S & zillionaire
Cream puff, Rose Bud & zillionaire
Tutti Frutti & negligee
Tutti Frutti & zillionaire
Rose Bud & lilac/pink glitter
Tutti Frutti & pink/purple glitter

Nudes/Golds
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641705.568702.jpg
-from left to right

Bare chemise & negligee
Satin pajamas & negligee
Cocoa & M&R
Bpool & iced cappuccino
Satin pajamas & bronze glitter
Cocoa & gold glitter

Purples
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641790.273621.jpg
-from left to right

Purple purple & purple glitter
Bpool & tutti Frutti
Cream puff, purple purple & negligee
Purple purple & Ruby ritz
Purple purple & vexed violette

Blues
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641884.679402.jpg
-from left to right

Azure wish, Hotski & negligee
Bpool & Hotski
Blue rapture & zillionaire
Azure wish & blue glitter
Midnight swim & zillionaire
Midnight swim & royal blue glitter

Reds
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641960.274113.jpg
-from left to right

Wildfire & zillionaire
Wildfire & Ruby Ritz
Cream puff & red baroness
Iced cappuccino & Ruby ritz
Wildfire & red holographic glitter
Tinted love & zillionaire
Tinted love & M&R

Browns
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385642052.441799.jpg
-from left to right

Burnt romance & decadence
Burnt romance & Hollywood
Burnt romance & Ruby ritz
Overtly onyx & Ruby ritz

Greens
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385642129.473754.jpg
-from left to right

2x Hotski & limeade
Cream puff, limeade & negligee
Pretty poison & limeade
Pretty poison and green glitter

Silvers
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385642191.816847.jpg
-from Left to right

Silver chrome & M&R
Silver chrome & zillionaire
Silver chrome & silver holographic glitter

Darks/other
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385642249.130152.jpg
-from left to right

Faux fur & mixed dark holographic glitt
Bpool & M&R
Overtly onyx & zillionaire

On my nails:
Pretty poison & limeade
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385642372.778089.jpg

Hope this helps x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641519.586671.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641519.586671.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,843
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641671.490115.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385641671.490115.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 243
Not sure why it added two of the same pic randomly at the end lol never mind you get the idea! X

Not sure why it added two of the same pic randomly at the end lol never mind you get the idea! X

This is great, thanks so much for posting, I only have 18 colour so it's great to get some ideas :)

Meira Xx

Latest posts

Back