Hello, new here - college kit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pol

Reaction score
Hi I am new to Salon geek and have recently started my level 2 Nail tech course with a local college.
I received my kit from college today, was very exciting. I opened it and it was Millennium nails which then I naturally searched for oh here.
I am now gutted, the reviews on here are awful. How good can my training be if the product is really poor?

Welcome Pol!

I think that a lot of us have been in the same situation. My school had awful junk until you got to the end of the program and then were rewarded with a better product. The way I got around this, was that I bought my own products and used them at home. (I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US, you can buy pro products as long as you're a currently enrolled student.)

Don't be discouraged, you can still learn regardless of the product.

Welcome & i hope that you really enjoy your nail course.
I agree we all started with a standard kit, it just gives you something to practice with.As you go on, you will trial many products and finally settle with one that suits you & your clients. Every product on the market has positive & negative feedback. But it's all about what works best for you & your clients.

We had millennium and nsi at college. To be honest millennium isn't that bad and the tutor should tell you what you need to know to get the best out of the product.

If you really don't like the kit after giving it a chance you can buy your own products. We were meant to use nsi gel at college but I used brisa and this worked well for me. Also if you buy a different product to the college, try getting training in that too if you can. ..that way you get trained in the product of your choice whilst gaining your recognised qualification at college :)

Latest posts

Back