Help 1 staff member pregnant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellehayley

Reaction score
Hi,

I need advice what to do if a employed Beauty Therapist & Nail Technician is pregnant.

Is there any treatments she can't carry out? Any other advice will be a great help too, I'm making up a employees pregnancy file.

Many Thanks
xx

Best thing is to have a meeting with the employee and agree limits on massage and any other heavy treatments from the outset. Supply masks for nail work and spray tans. Possibly factor in more breaks during the day.
As an employer, you have to be reasonable when employees are pregnant. Also the employees must be reasonable too. They all want to work up till the end of the pregnancy, then get upset because they physically can't. I have had girls who have wanted to come to work but do no clients or work!! Thats not on either.

ACAS are your best bet for specific advice for pregnant employees.

I tend to give way loads with them because my experience has been that pregnant employees can go a bit odd, and almost try and trip employers up to get them into tribuneral. I actually paid one full pay to sit at home for 6 weeks as she became so vile. She dismissed it as "hormones", I however nearl got driven to a breakdown by her.

Latest posts

Back