Help and advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HA_10

Reaction score
Hi everyone im new to this forum and am looking for some advice. I am wanting to go to college to do an nvq in hairdressing, was just wondering whether I have to do nvq level 1 or can I start straight at level 2? Also because im over 19 I think I have to pay to do the course, are you in full time (5 days a week) at college or is there a possibilty I can work part time as well to fund the course.

Thanks

Hi everyone im new to this forum and am looking for some advice. I am wanting to go to college to do an nvq in hairdressing, was just wondering whether I have to do nvq level 1 or can I start straight at level 2? Also because im over 19 I think I have to pay to do the course, are you in full time (5 days a week) at college or is there a possibilty I can work part time as well to fund the course.

Thanks

Hi I think you have to start at level 1, or at least it is recommended anyway. I'm hoping to start a hairdressing apprenticeship in July and I'm starting at level 1.
I think it depends on the college with whether it's full time or not... And you could try asking salons to take you on a saturday while you're training as I believe the experience is essential...

Good luck! x

things have changed since i trained but we were signed up for level 2 bwecause level 1 was mandatory included we just did all the modules on that before going on to level 2 .. i know now a days theres a lot of pt hair courses i know a girl who went to either leeds or bfd and she did 2 days a week i think phone up the local college and ask what they offer xx

Hiya, I think it depends on grades, experience ect as to whether you start at Level 1 or 2 as I started at Level 2 (on an apprenticeship but I was also offered Level 2 on a college course)

Generally over 19 courses are part time, I have just finished Level 3 which was around 18 hours including a night class, but the Level 1 and 2 were around the same hours, some colleges class this as full time.

If this is your first NVQ or equivalent you may recieve funding for your course, exam fees and college kit (you may even get it free).

The best thing to do is ring the colleges student services and they will be able to give you the correct info for your college.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck with your new career. x

Latest posts

Back