Help-annoying client I need to get rid of!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolly.lou

Reaction score
I have got one client that is just a nightmare all the time..
Today she asked me what colour I used on her hair before so I told her and she went out and got this colour and then texted me saying it was really dark brown[ it was a 7/0} hardly not dark brown .. Anyway I give her some advise what to do and she wants me to go and correct it but I just know she will not be happy what ever I do with it then it ends up costing me in colour.. I need to get rid of her how do I say I don't want to do her hair no more nicely p.s this isn't the first time she has done sometime like this and I felt sorry for her so I go and correct her mess for free I feel sorry for her because she has no money

By charging her the correct price. She will value your service more or stop using you and you won't feel irritated doing her because you'll know you're earning from it x

If she had no money she wouldn't spend it on hair colouring anyway, that's how I look at it.
You didn't mess up, she did. So she has to pay for your time and skill :)

Oh god I had one of these[emoji24][emoji24][emoji379][emoji379] she has got white hair and she wants it whiter. She admits she's got body dysmorphia and I couldn't agree more. She sits there for the whole 2/5 hours taking about herself I can't get a word in. When she did come back though I charged her full price. The moment they walked out the door and walk back in they will get charged accordingly. If however I feel like there is a problem and say we haven't cut enough off I usually can let it go

I have one of those one who owed me £50 and booked in again saying she would pay and after if finished told me she couldn't pay me again, she also makes 2hour appointments doesn't turn up or is late ....I've had enough! I don't know how to get rid of her. I would charge her full price certainly...I felt sorry for this girl that comes to me to I realised her family are probably the richest in the country. They book your time your clients have to pay for it and value your skill.

I have one of those one who owed me £50 and booked in again saying she would pay and after if finished told me she couldn't pay me again, she also makes 2hour appointments doesn't turn up or is late ....I've had enough! I don't know how to get rid of her. I would charge her full price certainly...I felt sorry for this girl that comes to me to I realised her family are probably the richest in the country. They book your time your clients have to pay for it and value your skill.
I have got to the point though where I'm sick of doing her hair .. She lives miles away from me now maybe 60 miles and she still thinks I can do her hair! Then I said I can't afford to come down and do t as it costs to much in my car ( I have a 2.0 pertol car) and she is like well I'll come to u she just doesn't get the hint that I don't like her that sounds horrible I know but she is one of these people who loves her self!, I told her that I'm not free for 2 weeks then she texted back saying oo I'm going to have to cancel my date on Sunday because I look horrible ? Trying to make me feel guilty I didn't do her hair I just told her what I used on it and now because she has done and it's gone wrong I feel like she is blaming me! How do I say to her go to another salon!!!!

...How do I say to her go to another salon!!!!

Text her telling her that you no longer wish to provide hairdressing services to her and that she needs to find a new hairdresser. Then block her number.

Why on earth would you drive 60 miles to do her hair, when you don't even like her? There must be hundreds of other hairdressers she can try within a 60 mile radius.

I agree just text her and tell her straight. It's not worth your time and effort and you are losing money. Some clients just play on your good nature. Don't be a fool. You'll feel so relieved once it's done. Good luck!

I have got to the point though where I'm sick of doing her hair .. She lives miles away from me now maybe 60 miles and she still thinks I can do her hair! Then I said I can't afford to come down and do t as it costs to much in my car ( I have a 2.0 pertol car) and she is like well I'll come to u she just doesn't get the hint that I don't like her that sounds horrible I know but she is one of these people who loves her self!, I told her that I'm not free for 2 weeks then she texted back saying oo I'm going to have to cancel my date on Sunday because I look horrible ? Trying to make me feel guilty I didn't do her hair I just told her what I used on it and now because she has done and it's gone wrong I feel like she is blaming me! How do I say to her go to another salon!!!!
Just send a text saying it's not viable for you to travel and you're too busy also. Tell her that you can't keep rectifying her home jobs as you just don't have the time. Then block her number!!

Text her telling her that you no longer wish to provide hairdressing services to her and that she needs to find a new hairdresser. Then block her number.

Why on earth would you drive 60 miles to do her hair, when you don't even like her? There must be hundreds of other hairdressers she can try within a 60 mile radius.

Totally agree but you need to tread carefully because if she jumps on social media she could cause you a lot of damage. Take care, good luck.

I have got one client that is just a nightmare all the time..
Today she asked me what colour I used on her hair before so I told her and she went out and got this colour and then texted me saying it was really dark brown[ it was a 7/0} hardly not dark brown .. Anyway I give her some advise what to do and she wants me to go and correct it but I just know she will not be happy what ever I do with it then it ends up costing me in colour.. I need to get rid of her how do I say I don't want to do her hair no more nicely p.s this isn't the first time she has done sometime like this and I felt sorry for her so I go and correct her mess for free I feel sorry for her because she has no money
I think it's really unprofessional to slag off clients on here!

Oh god I had one of these[emoji24][emoji24][emoji379][emoji379] she has got white hair and she wants it whiter. She admits she's got body dysmorphia and I couldn't agree more. She sits there for the whole 2/5 hours taking about herself I can't get a word in. When she did come back though I charged her full price. The moment they walked out the door and walk back in they will get charged accordingly. If however I feel like there is a problem and say we haven't cut enough off I usually can let it go
I don't think talking about yourself is necessarily related to body dismohpia, it's actually quite serious...

I agree with the other comments. I dealt with a client similar to yours. I got so fed up and just called her one day and told her she had to find another hairdresser. I told her i was no longer available to her. I wished her well and hung up so that it wouldn't give her a chance to question me. I then blocked her number. I felt like a 100 pounds was lifted off my chest after that phone call.

I know it's difficult when you feel bad for someone but you need to be firm. Either charge her accordingly for your services (travel, time, product etc) and if she can't afford it or doesn't want to pay then she can't have it or explain to her nicely that it isn't viable for you to travel such a long way, that you this is your job so you can't fix things for free so you think it would be best if she found somewhere closer to her. What you could also do is look up a couple of salons/ mobile stylists In her area and give your client their details that way you're still giving her options and helping her out and she's less likely to guilt trip you about leaving her stuck etc. Good luck and I hope you get it sorted xx

I know but for some reason she feels like I'm the only person who knows her hair ..

Totally agree but you need to tread carefully because if she jumps on social media she could cause you a lot of damage. Take care, good luck.
I'm just going to block her number so she can not contact me no more

She's hardly slagging her off, she's got a problem client and has asked for help on how to get rid. Everyone knows a client like this.

No one is ''naming & shaming" that would be unprofessional, that's why most of us have stupid anonymous names too![emoji23] this is where we can have a moan & get support for all manner of problems, because we are all in the same boat! (Which at times feels like the titanic!! ) good job we can all tread water!!!

I'm just going to block her number so she can not contact me no more
Hi Lolly. Sounds like you have a winner here. I trust I can be brutally honest in this forum and have no one take offense as I am only here to help. I deal with this a lot in coaching my clients and I can tell you that it is never a good idea to just try and avoid an uncomfortable situation. In my experience the best approach has always been to simply tell the customer the truth.

Ask the customer how they feel about your relationship and then gently let them know that the way things are going now is not conducive for your time and effort. Then, let the client know that in order to move forward there are a few changes that you require - ask if she's open to hearing them. Once she says yes - you simply lay it all out whether it be about price, travel, redos, etc... just lay it all out and get her agreement to move forward. If she decides not to... simply wish her well and let her know there are no hard feelings.

Two things will happen when you do this: 1. She will forever respect you for being upfront - your reputation stays in tact and 2. She will probably discover how much of a pain she's been to you just having the convo and she may surprise you with an apology.

Either way, what you would have done here is taught your client how you wish to be treated instead of her dictating o you how she thinks you ought to be treated. If you try to sweep this under the rug, eventually you will get another client doing exactly the same thing and the vicious cycle continues. Just my 2 cents based on 12 years of experience working with salon professionals. Hope it helps.

Best, Dean

Hi Lolly. Sounds like you have a winner here. I trust I can be brutally honest in this forum and have no one take offense as I am only here to help. I deal with this a lot in coaching my clients and I can tell you that it is never a good idea to just try and avoid an uncomfortable situation. In my experience the best approach has always been to simply tell the customer the truth.

Ask the customer how they feel about your relationship and then gently let them know that the way things are going now is not conducive for your time and effort. Then, let the client know that in order to move forward there are a few changes that you require - ask if she's open to hearing them. Once she says yes - you simply lay it all out whether it be about price, travel, redos, etc... just lay it all out and get her agreement to move forward. If she decides not to... simply wish her well and let her know there are no hard feelings.

Two things will happen when you do this: 1. She will forever respect you for being upfront - your reputation stays in tact and 2. She will probably discover how much of a pain she's been to you just having the convo and she may surprise you with an apology.

Either way, what you would have done here is taught your client how you wish to be treated instead of her dictating o you how she thinks you ought to be treated. If you try to sweep this under the rug, eventually you will get another client doing exactly the same thing and the vicious cycle continues. Just my 2 cents based on 12 years of experience working with salon professionals. Hope it helps.

Best, Dean
Oh Dean,
Can you come and do this for me lol
I have a client who thinks we are friends and the only person who knows her hair .... etc she is a good manipulator and i now travel 30mins to do her blowdry and straighten ! its 2hrs of my day and not worth it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back