Help, blonde gone khaki!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balayagebaroness

Reaction score
Hello fellow professionals
So....i had a client came to me today with pre-lightened hair (was yellow) she wanted a grey tone (of corse!) To start I shampooed hair and towel dried, applied Wella 10/1 with pastel and visually processed at backwash for aprox 15mins. Once rinsed and dried color looked fab. Like a silvery white (i should have stopped here) client happy but suggested more Grey....i then applied 10/0 with /11 equal parts...developed for around 20mins, dried hair and its now pure khaki!!!!!!
Client coming back start of next week, soo......im thinking powder bleach with warm water and no peroxide to try and lift the tone, good idea? Im just so panicy of something going wrong. Appreciate any advice

Hello fellow professionals
So....i had a client came to me today with pre-lightened hair (was yellow) she wanted a grey tone (of corse!) To start I shampooed hair and towel dried, applied Wella 10/1 with pastel and visually processed at backwash for aprox 15mins. Once rinsed and dried color looked fab. Like a silvery white (i should have stopped here) client happy but suggested more Grey....i then applied 10/0 with /11 equal parts...developed for around 20mins, dried hair and its now pure khaki!!!!!!
Client coming back start of next week, soo......im thinking powder bleach with warm water and no peroxide to try and lift the tone, good idea? Im just so panicy of something going wrong. Appreciate any advice

oh noo :( so fustrating!! tell your client to wash her hair at home using a clarifying shampoo, even washing up liquid ( followed by a good conditioner ) as this will strip the hair of colour ALOT! so it saves you bleaching it etc etc... also ive done plenty of grays on myself and clients.. depending what shade gray your clients want. i work with paul mitchell colours which are amazing. my formula depending on how dark or light they want it you can play around with ( if you like the idea ) i also weigh my colours just to make it that slight bit more precise... id mix 12/0 say 9 grams to 1 gram of 2/0 and 15 mls 5%... sounds crazy but it works a treat. if they want it more violet you could stick some intensifier in there.. the less black you mix in the longer you have to apply it and watch it as apposed to having to rush it and it become patchy because certain bits are darker then others... :)

/11 can be very flat and greeny over lighter hair.

Yeah go with your blondor and warm water than use something that isn't in the kp range, they're not ideal for greys.

Depending on how grey the client wants it, 8/69 in illumina is lovely.

You also have 8/81 in colour touch which is lovely with some 0/68 in.

10/88 innosense is really nice too.

Latest posts

Back