Help - Blunt tweezers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essential1

Reaction score
I keep buying good quality (tweezerman) tweezers for use is my salon. They are kept in the glass barbicide jars all the time but they keep becoming useless after about two months. I have four rooms so this is costing me a fortune replacing them all the time! Someone mentioned you can get them sharpened like hairdressers get their scissors sharpened but I don't know. Has anyone else had this problem and what's the solution? I don't know if it's the barbicide or the banging off the glass jar or a combination of both that is ruining them....or do they just have a short shelf life?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

It will be banging them at the bottom of the glass jar that's causing them to get blunt so soon.

Try putting a tissue/cotton wool at the bottom of your Barbicide jar to avoid this happening.
Hope this helps x

I think I have the name and address of somebody who can re-tip tweezers I think very reasonably, will try and find it :D

Tweezerman will resharpen your tweezers free of charge - visit their web site for more info.

I always use Tweezerman and the last 4 pairs I have bought have become blunt within a month. One pair was blunt when I bought them. Yes I know they will sharpen them but you have to send them to America.
I've never had a problem before and I've done nothing different so I'm thinking it may be a bad batch.
If anyone can recommend another make then I'd be grateful as I'm not going to buy any more Tweezerman's in case the same happens again!

I put a cotton pad at the bottom of the barbicide jar so the tweezers are never getting banged off the glass, had mine over a year and they're still as good as new, I would try this first before you go spending on more tweezers or having the inconvenience of sending them away.

Thanks guys for responses - I will try these suggestions out! X

try using an emery board between the tips and give them a few strokes squeezing the blunt ends- it works!

I have a pair if tweezermans that are just for my use and they are rubbish! They are in my makeup bag so I know they haven't got blunt thru being in a jar. I know they will sharpen them but I have a cheaper pair that are still good so won't buy anymore!

Latest posts

Back