Help, business advice wanted!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm new to posting and just want some advise off more experienced please.
I'm quite new to beauty industry and have been doing mobile for a few months. I had the oppurtunity to rent a beauty room in an established hair salon, so jumped at it. The owner promised me and some new hairdressers a fantastic foot fall. I'm not stupid so knew I would have to work at it, but the new hairdressers have left and the only hairdresser left (who's been here for years) said that the owner was lying about footfall! I've hung on for a while trying to make it work and have a few hair clients coming over for beauty but literally the salon is empty! I'm not sure but the owner keeps showing people round like he's selling but when I confronted him he said he's just keeping his options open and if he did sell he would sell me with it!!
I've had an offer to rent a beauty room in a brand new area with no local competition for the same price, and just wanted some advise ans reassurance that I should take the new offer?
Sorry for the long question.i just am so confused as what to do,any help advise welcome :confused:

I would advise that you must go where the business is!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I would just work out your notice (if you even have a contract) and move.

Thanks for your help, no I don't have a contact so looks like I will be moving as soon as the new salon is ready! The original salon owner has gone behind my back and got another beautician to room share so his rent is covered which is wrong because the hairdresser has already said there isn't enough clients for us both! Suppose I just take it as a lesson learnt! Thankyou for your replies. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back