Help - client’s colour has gone with one wash!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey! So one of my blonde clients went violet, pink and orange the other day! I used the little pots of directions as I find these go the brightest and true to the chart.

It did go bright and looked amazing, however she’s washed it today (first time since doing it) and the colour has completely gone.

What the hell do I do?

I did say she may only get 6-8 washes out of it which is usually ok.

I’m unsure what to do?

Thanks

Hey! So one of my blonde clients went violet, pink and orange the other day! I used the little pots of directions as I find these go the brightest and true to the chart.

It did go bright and looked amazing, however she’s washed it today (first time since doing it) and the colour has completely gone.

What the hell do I do?

I’m unsure what to do?

Thanks
Did she was her hair with hot water as this would lead to a quick fade, all my rainbow clients wash with cold water to help keep the cuticles closed. Is her hair in a healthy condition?
Pinks and pastel violets do fade the quickest I find a few washes and they are gone and the same for oranges, purples normally last well but fade to green alot. My rainbow clients also only wash once a week and go through a can of dry shampoo a week
Rainbow colours can be a nightmare to fade and then when they do stick a nightmare to remove X

Any idea what shampoo she used? I wonder if she over rinsed it?
I always advise to wash only once in cool water using a mild sulphate free shampoo and to use a leave in spray conditioner.

She washed with matrix colour obsessed shampoo and conditioner! She did it with lukewarm water.
She followed all the steps I told her.
The colour was very bright and intense and I’m surprised this has happened.

What should I do? I really don’t have time do go and do it all again this week and it’s cost me a lot to buy all the individual pots so don’t really want to do it for free but I can’t think of any other option as if I’d paid to get it done professionally and it washed out within one wash I’d be unhappy.
What would you do?

Thanks xx

I know it's a pain to do it again but like you I would feel unhappy leaving it, if you do reapply go through all the aftercare instructions with her again and say to wash in cold water instead of Luke warm as we all have a different idea of what lukewarm is. Does she overly heat style as that can also take colours out? It sounds like the cuticles are open but obviously that's only a guess without seeing and feeling her hair, definitely recommend a sulphate free shampoo as well, hope you get it sorted chicken. X

Thank you! I think I will do that, I’ll give her a message in the morning! I’d rather me correct it than her go somewhere else!
Thanks

What the hell do I do?

I’m unsure what to do?

Thanks
had she been ever using a violet shampoo on her blonde locks before you did your fashion colour? ive seen it does effect your tint from taking like a barrier ?

The colour took ok. It’s just washed out quickly according to the OP.
I think she probably over washed and over rinsed it. She really needs to lightly wash the scalp only.
A second application should last a bit longer but really stress to her about the upkeep and explain that you won’t be able to offer a free re-do if it washes out quickly a second time.

Latest posts

Back