Help find missing Angel and help change the law to reduce dog theft

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
Hello geeks

a few days ago i was watching This Morning and there was a story about a dog (a liver and white german shorthaired pointer) that had been stolen and her owner was offering a massive reward for her safe return, she has even remortgaged her house to help fund the reward and hired a doggy detective. The facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingAngel to help spread awareness (so please like and share). any hoo, I just got a notification on my facebook that she has asked everyone to sign a petition to try and get people who do steal dogs get a harsher punishment as at the moment there is little the police can do, and even if they do it isn't a high priority. The link for the petition is Introduce legislation to reduce the incidence of dog theft - e-petitions I think it's a really important petition as a dog owner, dog theft is something that really worries me, and having just got a rescue dog that is a little over friendly and likes to greet everyone it worries me even more!

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread :hug:

Last edited:
Aw how awful. I've got two little doggies couldn't imagine anyone stealing them, will definitely be signing the petition. Such a shame their are some cruel people in this world xxx

i hate the fact people get away with this! ive signed the petition x

Wouldn't micro chipping the dogs reduce this as they can be tracked?

I guess the answer to this is they can only be tracked if they end up somewhere to be scanned.

I agree, how horrid to take anything from another person but to take another entity that they love is just sickening :(

I guess the answer to this is they can only be tracked if they end up somewhere to be scanned.

I agree, how horrid to take anything from another person but to take another entity that they love is just sickening :(

Angel is microchipped. you just never know who is involved and what equipment they have x

Last edited:
scumbags will try and make money any way they can with no regard for the feelings of anyone or anything ...I have a dog I love too and would be devastated if he was stolen...he's a rottie/german shepard cross so unlikely he'd be taken but I would hope that if anyone did try and take him he would sink his teeth so deep into their leg that they wouldn't go robbing anyone elses dog again.:mad:

I have signed it and shared on Facebook.

thanks everyone. it breaks my heart to even think about any of mine getting stolen, gosh knows what angels owner is going through :hug:

Signed and I've shown a few other people. I've always been paranoid about this! My dogs never on his own in the garden or cars etc. Poor woman going through that.. I really hope she finds it, and the law is changed. Our dogs are living members of our family and there's no real action to stealing them!?

we've just moved to a house in the country and our back garden, like everyone elses in my area, goes onto a country lane that people often walk up and down. people are obviously just trying to be friendly but if our dogs are in the garden people call them down to the bottom and make noises to get their attention, luckily my 2 older ones don't bother with other people and just come running in, but our rescue dog runs straight down and trys to jump up to see them, it really annoys me because it could be anyone calling them, our rescue is currently in training but we are thinking of putting a fence up half way down our garden so she can't get any closer than that. It's getting to the stage where i only let them out in the garden to go to the toilet and then they have to come straight back in, i am quite paranoid though x

we've just moved to a house in the country and our back garden, like everyone elses in my area, goes onto a country lane that people often walk up and down. people are obviously just trying to be friendly but if our dogs are in the garden people call them down to the bottom and make noises to get their attention, luckily my 2 older ones don't bother with other people and just come running in, but our rescue dog runs straight down and trys to jump up to see them, it really annoys me because it could be anyone calling them, our rescue is currently in training but we are thinking of putting a fence up half way down our garden so she can't get any closer than that. It's getting to the stage where i only let them out in the garden to go to the toilet and then they have to come straight back in, i am quite paranoid though x

I see what you mean, I wouldn't be happy with that atall. I would say until you have a suitable second fence in place I wouldn't leave your dog unattended. You may never know what might happen.

I have signed the petition. My dog is my life, if someone took him my heart would be broken.
Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I see what you mean, I wouldn't be happy with that atall. I would say until you have a suitable second fence in place I wouldn't leave your dog unattended. You may never know what might happen.

I have signed the petition. My dog is my life, if someone took him my heart would be broken.
Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

What upsets me the most is the people that took them not knowing their little personalities and when they do something because they want something the person won't understand, and my dogs are on medication and the person wouldn't know this so then they'd be in pain, and when they get excited they like to have a teddy so that they can run around with it and the person wouldn't know this either....it's just a horrible horrible situation x

Latest posts

Back