Help! Green hair and wants to be blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 140524

Reaction score
Okay so my friend was blonde but wanted to go blue and now hates it she has tried getting it out with efassor but had very little success she then tried a colour bath but still nothing. Her aim is to go back blonde.
can anyone help her on what to do please.
we know red neutralise the colour but what do we do . We have some Wella perfect colour but just not sure what to do .. help

I would personally let her hair have a break if this has all been done in a month. Im sure she'd rather hair than a funny colour. If she was blonde and went blue I would of let if fade, the more you colour the harder your making a job for yourself. What colour is she now green?

She is left with a greeny blonde colour But just want to remove the rest of it.

What did you use for the blue? An oxidising tint or a direct dye?
You can’t use bleach to remove a direct dye colour so if it was a direct dye, the chances are, the colour has stained the cuticle layer and you’ll have to either colour over it or cut it.

It was a directions Blue midnight colour. Most of blue has come out it’s just left a greeny colour

Directions pots are a direct dye.
Have you done any colour correction training?
While everywhere’s still closed down, it might be worth looking online for colour training with one of the main colour houses. Most of them are offering free online training at the moment so it’s a great opportunity to increase your colour knowledge before we start back up again. :)

Yes I have but I thought cause it was semi it would come out with a bleach bath or efassor But just left with a green hint.
I wanna try neutralising with red but just really unsure as I dnt wanna have red in her hair or even end up doing dark as she wants blonde. I just want a red formula to neutralise the green withoit it turning red.

You can’t use an ash because the blue in the ash that will intensify the green.
Is it just lightly green in a few places? If so, you could try to carefully pick up those strands and use a deeper gold tone on those pieces to see if it covers.

Il get her to send me a picture as i haven t seen what it’s like since she used bleach bath.

Send her a cleansing shampoo to use on it for a few washes. Then I'd go in with a malibu c crystal gel.
Once that's all rinsed out and dried. I'd lighten the roots allow to process. Then tone the roots with illumina 10/ and then tone the ends with illumina 10/05 if it's still green.

She doing it herself as no one can do it for her due to covid. She doesn’t mind the roots just want to eliminate the green.

She doing it herself as no one can do it for her due to covid. She doesn’t mind the roots just want to eliminate the green.
Ahh sorry I thought we were future planning
She can do the malibu c miracle recovery at home, this will help remove build up of any deposits and also buff the surface of the hair to help shift that green tone - its a 2 step treatment the 2nd step recondition the hair giving moisture balance and shutting the cuticle back down. It's amazing stuff.
If this is unavailable then the next best thing would be to use colour wow dream filter - very much the same, a more simple process and done it one step , but it's not conditioning.
If there's still a very pale hue of green. She could either leave it fade out the rest of the way and just use the dream filter once a week until you can't see it anymore or maybe add a very small amount of pink direct die to a conditioner and leave it on the most green parts. I would probably use something like crazy colour marshmallow 1 tablespoon to 6 tablespoons of conditioner / mask.
I personally would say this is the safest options for her to be doing it herself. All these products are professional/ semi professional but should also be safe for her to use at home as there's no harsh chemicals in any of them, and all are widely available online.

Thanks for your help. Can u send a photo of the Malibu stuff so I can get the right one for her please thank you.

_20200530_113612.JPG

Perfect thank you so much for your help

If it isn’t hugely green/blue bleach London Rose shampoo has worked wonders to remove green tinges in my experience....it would be easy to get a hold too.

Latest posts

Back