Help! Hairdressing qualification for extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O’Hairo

Reaction score
I need some advice please! I have recently trained in hair extensions (micros & nanos preferred method) and I have fell inlove with it. I am not a trained hairdresser but can definitely understand why it would be better if I was, as I am struggling with areas like knowing what each hair type is, and what method suits which hair type, and it would be so much better if I could dye/bleach hair! I have started renting a chair in a salon so I can do some on the job training for this in the evenings and weekends, but for cutting and colouring etc I know I would benefit training, I am however full time in an office job, and I get a very good wage so i wouldn’t be able to afford to swap to a beginners hairdressing wage to study an NVQ, I am assuming someone else has been in the position, what can be done to start to get into hairdressing without causing a huge financial impact? Xx

I need some advice please! I have recently trained in hair extensions (micros & nanos preferred method) and I have fell inlove with it. I am not a trained hairdresser but can definitely understand why it would be better if I was, as I am struggling with areas like knowing what each hair type is, and what method suits which hair type, and it would be so much better if I could dye/bleach hair! I have started renting a chair in a salon so I can do some on the job training for this in the evenings and weekends, but for cutting and colouring etc I know I would benefit training, I am however full time in an office job, and I get a very good wage so i wouldn’t be able to afford to swap to a beginners hairdressing wage to study an NVQ, I am assuming someone else has been in the position, what can be done to start to get into hairdressing without causing a huge financial impact? Xx

This is crazy i could have written this myself!!

Im in the exact same boat..in my local area they do a part time college course in the evening (i think 2 nights a week) over 2 years to become a fully qualified hairdresser...maybe you could do something like that?! Xx

You won’t be able to cut or colour your clients hair without a minimum level 2 qualification. You could try googling hairdressing courses to see what’s being offered locally and then give them a ring to enquire about part-time study options.

Hairdressing isn’t something you can do online so be wary of anyone trying to sell you a home learn hairdressing course.

Try MI Hair and Beauty they do hairdressing courses 1 day a week for 20 weeks and have funding available xxx

I am starting a c&g level 2 at college next week it’s 2 evenings a week xx have a look at your local collages I’m in Cheshire x

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back