Help - how do I remove these!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
I did my first set of gel nails yesterday since my training day on Thursday and everything went wrong as 4 on one hand had fallen off withing hours. I don't think I cured them for long enough as i didn't realise until afterwards that the french it gel takes a little longer because of it's opacity - plus there's a possibility I may have missed out something on that one hand as i did one full hand at a time and the other hand seems ok.
Anyway I need to get another set on to this girl as she is my rebalance model in 2 weeks, she can't get to me until thursday so here is the major problem - She said "it's ok they fell off whole so I've stuck them back on with glue and now they are stuck solid!!!!! I think she may have used either superglue or nail glue you get with stick on nails. :grr: "I've told her this is the worst thing she could do and the risk of infection. I can't stop worrying about, how can I get them off? I can't wait for a few days - I'm going to ring her up in a minute.

If they came off already, then the glue should soak off pretty quickly in acetone. The ones that didnt, I found if you just get a corner up of the gel and break the seal, depending on what system you used, they come off pretty easy.
Kim Ensign
USA

I would have thought that the glue would file off or at least you could file the gel down as far as possible and try to soak off the last bit of glue off. Dont know if Gel It is a soak off or file off gel. Did you use clear tips or sculpting forms as white gel needs to cure from underneath as well as on top, at least it does for CND Brisa gel.

Gel-it is a buff off gel isn't it? buff them down so that only a thin layer of gel remains on the nail then try soaking them off to get rid of the superglue, or buff the gel off completely, be careful when you get close to the natural nail though Suzie, graduate down from a 180 to a 240 grit.
one of my ladies lost a nail recently by catching it on her car door handle (ouchie) and it wouldn't soak off the glue she used to stick it back on with, so i ended up buffing the gel off, quicker and easier than waiting for a soak off.
hth's

nailsbydesign said:
I would have thought that the glue would file off or at least you could file the gel down as far as possible and try to soak off the last bit of glue off. Dont know if Gel It is a soak off or file off gel. Did you use clear tips or sculpting forms as white gel needs to cure from underneath as well as on top, at least it does for CND Brisa gel.

Gel it is buff off. I used forms, but not the clear ones as I have probs getting them on so I used the paper ones and I didn't cure underneath (duh!) It was a lot harder without Jess taking me every step!
So I i just buff off as much as I can and if the glue is still there I can soak this off.

Thanks guys - I know the mistake was mine, but I can't believe she has stuck them back on!

Latest posts

Back