Help, how to get nail varnish out of a wool dress?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welshclairy

Reaction score
So, I was letting one of the girls practice on me on Saturday and she tipped the bottle of (OPI) purple nail polish she was using onto my lap. Beige wool dress now has big splash of nail varnish across it.

Tried getting it out straight away with nail polish remover but it wouldn't budge. Couldn't change till I got home so of course it dried.

Anybody for any tips or tricks to get it out? I love that dress!!

Got some on a uniform once and ended up throwing it away. I tried everything, so think it might be a goner - unless there is a miracle cure out there!!! Sorry not better news x

I spilled bright red polish down the front of a brand new white jumper (had it on all of 5 mins!) I used acetone on cotton wool and flooded it on with kitchen paper behind I did it about 5 times and was left with a massive red patch! I had never managed to get polish off anything before so was resigned to it being a gonner.

I then used Ariel gel (awesome stuff) and put it on the stain neat and let it soak in then put on a wash with Ariel again and it actually worked!!! good as new you cant see any stain at all!! I have literally chucked so many things! Worth a go as it may be ruined anyway!

Latest posts

Back