Help leasing a commercial property

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
Ok please someone help me, I think this all sounds a bit weird but see what you all think?

At the beginning of the September a local salon had a to rent sign outside it so I rang that day it went up, a week later I made an offer, it's just the shop to rent not the business itself, the recent owner is handing in the towel! The business itself is about 10 years old, so just to rent the shop to me is a good deal! I spoken to my accountant about it and he said to go for it, he had heard a few rumours like the current people haven't paid rent in a long time and being kicked out, the accountant did speak to the estaste agent on my behalf to find out what is going on and it's just the owner has had an argument with the landlady. I made an offer about 2 nearly 3 weeks ago and I feel they are messing me around with an answer! They have been liaring to me about little things like they haven't spoken to the landlady etc! Also told me someone else interested and that I shpuld go for more that a 12 month lease, so I up it to 3 years with a 12 month get out clause, now the estaste agent is saying its the clause. I've told him that it would silly of me to not ha e that clause in it! What do you lot think?

You mentioned that you made an offer- does this mean you have offered something other than the rent that was originally advertised? If so and you made the offer within 24 hours of it going on the market, they might just be holding out for more money.

If its a dispute between landlord and business owner then it sounds as though someone might be deliberately trying to p!ss off the other person. Ask your solicitor to liaise directly with the landlord to avoid this.

In terms of the tenancy, I can understand that they ideally want someone to commit to a lease for a couple of years. I doubt they want the hassle of having to readvertise in 12 months & they want the security of money coming in.

Why don't you say a get out clause after 2 years but that your offer is dependent on them taking it off the market and it being agreed within next 4? 6? Weeks...?

Good luck

Should I get a Solictor now then? I was going to see one once this was all agreed?

Latest posts

Back