Help-Lecente Rainbow Chrome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophief&s

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here in need of some advice re the above. I apply the rainbow chrome as per the instructions and it looks beaut, but it is not lasting, I put it over Shellac Wildfire and the edges came off in a few days the same again with Tropix. Anyone had this happen, any tips? Thanks in advance. Sophie.

Are you top coating after?

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here in need of some advice re the above. I apply the rainbow chrome as per the instructions and it looks beaut, but it is not lasting, I put it over Shellac Wildfire and the edges came off in a few days the same again with Tropix. Anyone had this happen, any tips? Thanks in advance. Sophie.
I'm having the same problems, I've had to withfraw it from my range. I'm using layer it & rubbing in with applicator, sealing my edges & using top coat. I cannot seem to see what I'm doing wrong but I cannot use it as it is, its lasting 1 possibly 2 days. Advise would be greatly appreciated.

With chrome I've found if I do a layer of base over the chrome, cure, then topcoat it lasts till their next appointment.
I just decant some base coat onto a palette and apply with a brush so I don't contaminate my base coat bottle.
I know it isn't the correct way but it's worked for me so far. x

With chrome I've found if I do a layer of base over the chrome, cure, then topcoat it lasts till their next appointment.
I just decant some base coat onto a palette and apply with a brush so I don't contaminate my base coat bottle.
I could try that although with the curing of the Layer it & the curing of the added base layer, that really is extending the appointment time. Anything is worth a try though as I love the look but it simply doesn't last. Thanks

May be worth a message to lecente or sweet squared on fb to see what they say xx

I have the same issue with magpie aurora over Gelish, so I'm definitely going to try the foundation layer to see if this works, I paid for Aurora and used it once and haven't since because it just didn't last more than 2 days and that was with two top coats as well, thanks for this tip!! Hope it works

I have the same issue with magpie aurora over Gelish, so I'm definitely going to try the foundation layer to see if this works, I paid for Aurora and used it once and haven't since because it just didn't last more than 2 days and that was with two top coats as well, thanks for this tip!! Hope it works

Fingers crossed it works for you :) x

Do you cure the base coat for the usual length of time?

Fingers crossed it works for you :) x

Hey! So I've just tried on my self the foundation layer over Aurora before top it off, but I found the foundation dragging the pigment off slightly...? I had to do it and cure it really quickly... do you find this? hoping it lasts longer than a couple days now though x

I could try that although with the curing of the Layer it & the curing of the added base layer, that really is extending the appointment time. Anything is worth a try though as I love the look but it simply doesn't last. Thanks
If you lightly brush on OPI BondAid or an acid-free primer after you rub in the chrome powder but before the final top coat it will keep it from chipping. I searched and searched for an answer and got this tip from Susie - Ten Little Canvases - in You-tube. She's awesome!

Latest posts

Back