Help-my hair has too much warmth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshlas

Reaction score
hoping someone could offer me some advice I'm a client and had hair done today. Obviously I'm not a professional so I'll try to explain colours etc hope I'm in the right place to ask. My main colour is 4.1 and 5 over the last year I've had ombre balayage, I've stripped it twice using home stripping colour b4 and this year used a few box semis to even up some colour. Today I've asked for ombre over mainly my base and slight balayage with olaplex on for 35 mins but my hair is yellow/warm/Orange tones they debated over a toner but said it didn't need it. I went back but they said there is a process to getting it to the colour I want but I'm confused as I thought olaplex helped this process? I've also been told I'm playing around with the damaging my hair if I was to have it lightened again which put me off.

So you've used box kits of a dark colour. I haven't used Opalplex. We use. magibond but they don't help lighten the hair. They help to keep the hair in good condition. Unfortunately if you have used colour over colour then there are no guarantees that you will achieve desired colour in your first application. And depending on colour result a toner will not work either. X

The dark has been professionally done and the balayage, the salon told me about olaplex and that Kim Kardashian used it to achieve jet black to platinum so why hasn't mine gone to target colour? They didn't even pre warn me, I'm so unhappy with colour the ombre is a bit patchy too I have been back but they dont see anything wrong, yet my family n friends think it's terrible. My hair feels no difference with olaplex it feels so dry.

Olaplex will not help your hair lighten. Kim kardashian spent countless hours in one sitting having multiple applications of bleach. This is not advisable and also not affordable for most people therefore why it's a process to get to the colour you'd like. It will just take time

Olaplex doesn't lighten the hair and is not a substitute for a good moisturising conditioner or mask.
You will still need to use these.

Olaplex is the only product that re-builds broken disulphide bonds within the hair. The other 'bond builders' don't actually do that, they're just conditioning products. However, repeated applications of box dyes (and/or straighteners etc.) will damage your outer cuticle layer and there aren't any products that can permanently restore damaged cuticles.

Did the salon do any tests on small hair cuttings before applying colour or lightener? Did they require you to have a skin test at least 24 hours beforehand? If not, they don't sound very professional!
I would expect to do both of these things if it's a new client who has a build up of box dye. This will confirm your possible sensitivity to my colour chemicals and indicate how damaged the hair is and whether your target colour is achievable.

Can you post a picture of your hair as it looks currently?
What colour were you hoping to achieve?

It's impossible to give you accurate advice based on your post without seeing the hair 'in person' but if it's very damaged from the box dyes and colour removers, your desired colour might not be possible even after using Olaplex.

I'd advise visiting a couple of other good salons and ask for a colour consultation and see what they suggest after seeing and feeling your hair.

Hi thanks for reply.

I would say there's more professional colour on than box, I was advised January to put an all over colour light brown over my past dodgy ombre to start again and keep cost down waited for about a month then they started with 4.1 and a 5 with balayage. ..then yesterday asked for ombre.

I'll try and post pics today, I really want some of my money back but not sure how to approach it.

No skin patch hair test done either. And my head is so itchy

Thanks

Hi, I've been reading your posts & in my personal opinion I wouldn't tell you to cover up ombré to then do it again! How strange. Your then back to where you started from. It would be great if we could see some photos. Skin test should always be done if you haven't been there previously to check you are not allergic to the colour they use. When my clients are wanting to go lighter I ALWAYS do a strand test to see how well it will lift & more importantly to show them what I can lift it to in one sitting. X

IMAG2696_1[1].jpg

This is how it looks ill try and get a picture of how I wanted but it was much cooler. Thanks

And they don't see anything wrong? [emoji29]

Having trouble posting pics from phone.....as she said I have to go through a process to get the colour I want but I'm left with in my eyes a dodgy colour. I don't want it 're done there now as I felt like I was being really fussy when I went back yesterday, I ended up turning round asking what she recommended and it was leave it comes back 6 weeks n colour will lift again and toner will go on, I want part of my money back, where do I stand on this?? Is it a case of I should let them 're correct? Even tho they say it's blended in well, she even took pictures to put on face book but from the back don't look to bad.

That's pretty shocking looking.
Definitely have some consultations elsewhere although you are looking at a colour correction job now so it won't be cheap!

Do you think I'm within rights to ask for part of my money back? To go elsewhere? I don't particularly want to face them again but everyone is onto me saying I should....would just like a professional opinion....I know she ain't gonna be happy

Well your not happy either and I think you are been fair, your not asking for all your money back, just part of it.
At the end of the day, the stylist did not do the tests she should have done, resulting in an undesired colour, you could say if you had known that it wasn't possible to get it to your desired shade you would have maybe re thought your decision on the colour.

Trying to get your money back would be difficult. And they have to be given the chance to rectify it first. X
As a professional I wouldn't want you to be upset and I would try my hardest to please you x

Hi ladies

Thanks for your replies, I went back and had colour refund the owner offered to do it but I declined she did say however she would have done exactly same, she didn't really make comments to the patchy ombre. I must admit I've had dodgy ombre but not so bad it's tied back day after colour.

I'm booked in to old faithful well established salon they agree very patchy and needs lifting I am apprehensive due to further damage

Trying to get your money back would be difficult. And they have to be given the chance to rectify it first. X
As a professional I wouldn't want you to be upset and I would try my hardest to please you x

Just to clarify, there's no actual rule that says you have to give them a second chance to get it right.

I think if it's a minor problem such as a slightly uneven haircut, toner too light etc. then it's reasonable to return and ask the hairdresser to try to fix it. I think that's what you are referring to?

Where the original attempt is so far off the desired outcome or they haven't taken the normal professional approach to skin testing etc. I would not recommend returning to give them a second chance to make it worse.

I've managed to rebook coming Wednesday they are going to lighten up with foils they did mention something else which I can't remember they will be using olaplex just so worried I'm damaging hair further....I have very fine hair which is becoming slowly coarse with age and processing. Would you advise against more bleaching, or I was thinking balayage to add some brown back into it?

Latest posts

Back