Help! Need to get a refund for course I signed up for

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are going to charge you for the materials tell them that you want the materials posted back to you....after all they should be yours if you are going to pay for them x
Definitely, If you are being charged they are then your property, so you want them back. If they refuse then tell them you want a full refund then. They always have an 'out' when they say there is a money back guarantee or cooling off period, there is always something that you end up out of pocket for. Don't let them get away with it hun..xx

how do they sleep at night?

don't let them walk all over you like that, fight your corner.:irked:

Trading standards are making an investigation on my behalf.....watch this space!!!

My goodness, Jones. You've been through the wringer with this, haven't you. I sure hope Trading Standards will get in the ring and fight for you. No way you should be charged for the books, and you should have your refund much faster than 30 days. Did the contract say anything about refunds at all (policy or procedure)?

I sure hope things work out and you're able to get to a reputable school. I agree about the learning in person part. It's usually going to give you the best results, even if you are a quick learner and can learn by watching a dvd. Stuff goes on in the classroom -- interaction with other students -- that really sparks creativity. Bouncing ideas around a classroom really creates its own energy!

Best of luck to you,

Cat

Hi hun

Ive just finished (or so I thought) my nail technician course with Stonebridge, and after reading your post I enquired about insurance. You can get insurance with the Guild on this course as long as, and this is the bit I wasnt told, you do a two day practical course with them or with a salon who can say your competent. Stonebridge will then issue you another certificate and you can get insurance.

When I called Stonebridge and stated that I have never been told I had to do a practical, although now Ive finished I realise I should have as its not something you can learn through books alone, I was told not to worry, a two day course in Portsmouth is only (only!!!!!!!!!!!!) £200.

So now I am on the look out for someone who can give me some practical training so I can get qualified properly and start conversion courses etc.

I wish you all the luck getting your course fees back,I wish Id looked more into it at the beginning.

Hi hun

Ive just finished (or so I thought) my nail technician course with Stonebridge, and after reading your post I enquired about insurance. You can get insurance with the Guild on this course as long as, and this is the bit I wasnt told, you do a two day practical course with them or with a salon who can say your competent. Stonebridge will then issue you another certificate and you can get insurance.

When I called Stonebridge and stated that I have never been told I had to do a practical, although now Ive finished I realise I should have as its not something you can learn through books alone, I was told not to worry, a two day course in Portsmouth is only (only!!!!!!!!!!!!) £200.

So now I am on the look out for someone who can give me some practical training so I can get qualified properly and start conversion courses etc.

I wish you all the luck getting your course fees back,I wish Id looked more into it at the beginning.

Hi hon, congrats on completing your course.

Apparently trades description are very keen to get involved as many others have been misinformed over various similar things.

It may be worth getting in contact with your local office.

With regards to their practical course, i live in jersey and the cost of doing it yould far out way the qualification itself.

best of luck hon x x x

Hi all

Just thought I'd update you with the latest.

Basically I requested a refund from the college i'd signed up with regarding Nail tech course.

After further investigation I discovered that the diploma given at the end was only worth the paper it was printed on hence the request for cancellation.

I looked into getting my deposit back (£85) and under their terms and conditions and the distance selling regulation 2000, I was within my rights to cancel said course within seven working days of receipt and expect a refund as soon as possible.

I received an email from the college whom informed me that IF my cancellation was approved, I will hear back from them in writing within seven days.

This prompted me to call my local Trading Standards office and contact the Office of Fair Trading.

I am still in dispute with them and don't know if I will get my money back.

My local trading standards office have been sent all correspondence and will hopefully help.

So please, if you are about to sign up, do your research and read the small print/terms and conditions...........

Hi I only know this because I've just checked it out myself, all Stonebridge courses are accredited by the Beauty Guild which means I could get insured with my company salon gold (henry seymour & Co). Hope that helps xx

and also can get insured by Professional Beauty (who insure all the Guild things) x

Hiya,

:eek: This is absolutely shocking and a poor resemblance of the excellent courses that are available and accredited etc. :cry:

I was going to do a distance learning course with Stonebridge Associated College, which at the end of the course you needed to do 2 days of practical to get the accreditation from The Guild. Looks like an excellent course, but as you have pointed out it really isn't as simple as they make out at all. Con artists! :grr: But in the end decided to go with my local college in Oxford as I thought I'd need all the practical and tutor help I could get lol! :lol:

I hope you get your pennies back, and I hope the course provider gets tomotoes! :green:

D* xXx

and those two days would cost you another £200 !!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back