Help needed please. Unexplained white spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily2

Reaction score
As the title says, I've had several clients recently who have got unexplained white spots on their nails after Shellac removal. To begin with I thought this was dehydration but it doesn't disappear with solar oil. I know it isn't damage caused by rough removal as it mostly appears on nails where the shellac has lifted completely from the nail after the wrap is removed so I haven't touched the nail at all. I haven't encountered this before. Any suggestions lovely geeks?

Have they been using oil while product is on the nails??

Have they been using oil while product is on the nails??[/QUOTE

One lady is a very regular Solar Oil user, one is a "when I remember" oiler and one I know doesn't use it at all

So, you've never had this before and it's happening on different people? Have you changed anything recently? If it was one person it could have been caused by trauma but different people getting the same thing at the same time makes me think it's something new you've introduced or started doing perhaps. Do you have any pics?

So, you've never had this before and it's happening on different people? Have you changed anything recently? If it was one person it could have been caused by trauma but different people getting the same thing at the same time makes me think it's something new you've introduced or started doing perhaps. Do you have any pics?

The only thing that's different is I've swapped from CND UV Lamp to the new CND LED Lamp. Surely that can't have made the difference?

The only white spots vaguely similar I've seen are when clients have roughly removed or peeled off their own Shellac causing damage to the nail plate but as I said in my original post I know that isn't the case this time as the Shellac has lifted in the wraps.

Very confusing...

Hi does anyone know why some clients have white spots on nails after shellac,and one got onycholysis on 1/2 nails, could it be the acetone? They were having it every 2 weeks like myself and others and mine are fine, it's just 2 clients.

Latest posts

Back