HELP New ideas for displaying nail art please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
Well as it says in the title....... I am wanting to know how you all display your nail art nails. The little things on sticks just dont appeal to me as they always remind me of a porkupine. So I am asking..... how do you display yours ????

Would appreciate lots of different ideas please.

Thanks in advance

Val

Hi Val

There is a very recent thread called "rubber glove holders" that will give you a really good idea! Without looking back I can't recall off the top of my head which geek found them, they are fab and look so effective.

HTH.

i'm not to adventurous. I use a nail art board, like a painters paint palette. that works bast for me as im mobile. i bought my first one from spangles, star nails, it was about £4 (i think) but i needed a bigger one and found one at The Works book shop: 99p Bargain.

i've also seen them in frames, like a photo frame but the back sticks out(does that make sense) they look classy. no good for me though incase the glass smashes.

I've seen plastic hands and fingers too, but you are just a bit limited then but they look good as a window display, leaves people wanting to see more. Or even Rubber Glove holders lol (from previous thread) they look really good.

Hi
I keep mine in an old cd case, just take out the part that the cd sits in, stick em with double sided sticky pads and voila. cheap and cheerful

Just me bringing this thread up to the top again as I need more ideas

how about the 'daisy wheel' from made beauty? these are basically a circular disk with 18 nail tips around it (funnily enough, like a daisy!) You can use them a couple of ways - either do the nail art directly onto the colour-wheel tip or glue a tip onto the colour wheel tip if you get my drift!

I have got a thick bit of plain card, gone onto clip art for a border and covered it in sticky back plastic and then put the nails in rows on with blu tac - so I can change them and they stay on the board too! my clients like the look of it so I think I have struck gold!

:idea: I got my self a really nice photo frame and place my nails on the borad of that and took the galss out, until i noticed the odd one missing (maybe I dropped them). So now i put them on the card and place the glass over so no little fingers can play with them. does this make sense:?:

You can also go to craft shops and they do frames where the picture is set back

A recent idea my hubby came up with was using a folder containing plastic A4 sheets each having about 16 little pockets used for holding individual slides (photography). Put some white pieces of card in them with a nail tip on each one and there you go, you have an ideal display for carrying around your nail art. Its ideal for those of us who are mobile and you could even have different sections for different themes and colour ranges.

At the shop i work in at the mo we take photo's of all the nail art done on clients and put them in a portfolio style display, that way they can look at them at leisure, without hovering over me to look up the wall. Or i have the nails on sticks which i put near my window so passing trade can view them too.Just to note clients love feeling special at having theirs picked for the book, people love recongnising thier hands. X

Hi

i used to have a pot of silver twigs and bluetac mine all over them( that was a really cool effect)

also i have placed them on a silky fushia cusion!!

or i have seen a disco ball will bendy wire coming out with the tips on the end!!!

caza

Hi, ive been looking at some myself and have found a few that are cool- www.alanroynails.co.uk have a pyramid foam and a display box that look very proffesional(in my opinion) and www.allthingsnails.co.uk have some wall mountable displays really cheap- depends what you are looking for and how much you have to display i guess.

Hope it helps

Hi all, just read back my last reply & hope i didn't offend any of you guys with 'looks very proffesional' line, it could be taken the wrong way (as though im saying none of the previous examples look proff)- not the case.

Im new to this & maybe im worrying too much- anyway just thought id explain it- just in case :irked: :confused:

I use a coin holder, which may sound a bit strange but works well. Bit like a clear folder, stick my nails on a bit of card and can slide them in and out. I got mine from WH Smith, they come with holes punched down the side so they can go in a folder. Im mobile so it works out a lot easier to carry.

Hope that helps

I put mine into a scrap book I just decorate the page depending on whats going to go on that page like holiday nails have a holiday theme and then i glue the nails down with a hot glue gun you cant even see the glue but when glueing you have to make sure you dont apply too much glue becuase it will melt the nail quickly! I also have pictures nails done by me on clients in the book. its an easy way for people to look at my work. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back