Help, new staff required!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi newbie here... be gentle ;)

Family business ive taken over 2 years ago but found it increasingly difficult to recruit staff get them to interviews and then someone who will stick around is almost impossible. Im a mens stylist but we need versatile hairdressers with possible maanager expereince.

Would like to know where people advertise as ive tried various mobile apps...hair recruitment.com...and job centres. Or any other tips would be fab?

Any help here is appreciatted....thanks in advance....Bobby:)

Are you looking to employ staff or rent a chair positions?
If employed, are you willing to pay considerably more than minimum wage? I think with good experienced hairdressers, unless you’re willing to pay a decent salary plus commission/benefits, then for many, self employment via rent a chair is more beneficial.

Hi Bobby, I have just took over a Salon and I was wondering the same thing. Did you have any joy? thanks x

Hi Bobby, I have just took over a Salon and I was wondering the same thing. Did you have any joy? thanks x
Hi Tangled...its still an ongoing problem. very few applicants..very few interviews and still no satisfactory conclusion. Depressing.

MORNING ALL.

Are you looking to employ staff or rent a chair positions?
If employed, are you willing to pay considerably more than minimum wage? I think with good experienced hairdressers, unless you’re willing to pay a decent salary plus commission/benefits, then for many, self employment via rent a chair is more beneficial.
hi not entirely sure i replied but think i did via pm

Tell me about it, what places have you tried x

Tell me about it, what places have you tried x
First of all very sorry for such a late reply:oops:

It was a very difficult process but in the end i was recommended through word of mouth of one my stylists and several clients (which didnt turn out so well). Its turned out ok as this girl has slotted in well with the team and is of a very good standard but honestly can't believe there isnt more feedback on this as this must be a very common problem in this industry.:confused:

Latest posts

Back