Help...newbie looking for help on gel french manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavenlyNail

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for looking at my thread!

I have got a new nail client today, she has asked for a gel french manicure, minus the enhancements. Im nervous as I have not done this treatment on a paying client before. She wants pretty much hollywood toes only on the hands...any tips???

Thanks so much :) xx

I prefer the "reverse" method of applying a french look--particularly as an overlay. It just seems easier for me to apply the pink to the nailplate first and refine my smile line there and then just push the white gel up to it. This way you can also get any white that goes over off by just refining it with a file. Just remember to apply the white in a couple thin coats to ensure that it gets cured properly.

Thank you so much for your advice and taking the time to read my post.

I am so nervous about doing this. I have done hollwood toes many times, but I do the white smile line first then pink overlay.

So you think pink overlay first then white smile line over?

HeavenlyNail :)

You could apply the pink if that is what she wants (some just have clear gel) all over the nail as usual on a nno cure and then remove tacky layer apply a thin coat of white to tip and tidy up you smile line using a clean brush that you have wiped with what ever you used to remove the tacky layer, cure,repeat then final gel layer etc.
If you log on to www.nailangel.co.uk register and login watch the video under UV gel then Natural Nail Overlay with Gel. You will see her tidy a smile line. NSI builder gel is a buff off gel you maybe using a soak off gel so apply it your own way.
Good Luck

You could apply the pink if that is what she wants (some just have clear gel) all over the nail as usual on a nno cure and then remove tacky layer apply a thin coat of white to tip and tidy up you smile line using a clean brush that you have wiped with what ever you used to remove the tacky layer, cure,repeat then final gel layer etc.
If you log on to www.nailangel.co.uk register and login watch the video under UV gel then Natural Nail Overlay with Gel. You will see her tidy a smile line. NSI builder gel is a buff off gel you maybe using a soak off gel so apply it your own way.
Good Luck

That sounds good. I will follow this and see how I go. I have registered on nail angel however waiting on reply email...not received this yet. hmmm anyway thanks for taking the time to reply to me. I really appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back