Help on getting WHITE hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahg

Reaction score
i have a client that wants hair that looks white to whitish gray i have liftered her up with bleach but dont know what kind of toner to use i tryed redken 09V but it didnt get what she wanted can someone tell me how they did it and if you have pics please show the finish colour to please....thanks

Mix 09V with 09T. That will give you a stronger ash.

Hi persianista, Are you trained with L'oreal? Please correct me if I am wrong as I have never used the L'oreal colour line;

If I bleach the hair to a creamy blonde, can I tone with L'oreal Diacolor Richesse 9.01 (Frosty Milkshake) or 9.02 (Pearly Milkshake)? Will these shades neutralise any yellow tones and tone the hair to a white silvery blonde?

The hair is porous and not sure what to put on incase of grab. I am trained in Wella but have found the Wella Koleston Pastel shades grab and turn very grey. I have also toned with Proclere Herbal Toner but it just washed out after one wash and did not tone the pale yellowy pieces.

I am going to do a test piece with Wella Colour Touch /86 but if this does not work then I want to try the L'oreal colour line but unsure which product would be best.

I don't use richesse, but on L'oreals numbering system, those colours would be fine. The poster was asking about shades EQ which are the best and most predictable toners I have ever found. The 09V (violet ash) and 09T (titanium) mixed together will neutralise yellow and give that extreme ash look.

By /86 do you mean the CT Relights? Do you use it with /00?
I love wella 10/1 and 10/8 mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with pastel.
Make sure the hair is lifted pale enough 1st though, like the inside of a banana skin, pale yellowish x

Thank you for your help persianista. I have heard good reviews about the Redken EQ toners but I have not seen them in Sallys. Is the Redken colour line only available to salons?

I will have a look at the L'oreal Richesse colour chart tomorrow, hopefully it will be a good alternative to the Redken toners.

Hi Lisa, yes, shade /86 is the colour touch relights. I have never used this product to tone hair so unsure how it will turn out and if it will tone the yellowy ends. The hair is lifted to a creamy blonde and the yellowy ends are paleish but I am unable to lift with bleach as it will cause more damage.

savannahg is this the silvery white blonde your client is wanting?

silver.jpg

Yes shades EQ is by Redken and only available to Redken salons.

Are you sure thats not a wig? If you bleached the hair to that extreme, it would not normally take the blue very well, and that looks suspiciously even!

I may be wrong, and a shockinly good colourist did her hair, but I am suspicious.

I don't think that is a wig. I have had a few clients who have bleached their own hair to that white colour, some used store bought bleach products and they have never needed to tone either. They have all had an even colour too. When I have done low lights on their white bleached hair it always washes out within a couple of washes but I think the blue colour could be a temp colour mousse and the photo was probably took on the day her hair was coloured. After one wash that blue would stain the rest of the hair.

Have you bleached to a creamy colour or pale yellow? x

Sorry, I'm not a hair geek at all - but judging from the "emo" title on the pic, there may be a chance she's home dyed using Manic Panic Virgin Snow.

It's a non-pro product that's apparently really popular with emo kids for getting their hair white, I think they do crazy colours as well...

Sorry, I'm not a hair geek at all - but judging from the "emo" title on the pic, there may be a chance she's home dyed using Manic Panic Virgin Snow.

It's a non-pro product that's apparently really popular with emo kids for getting their hair white, I think they do crazy colours as well...

I think you are probably right. I have heard about these colours, they do a bleaching kit too. The blue colour was probably the manic panic turquoise:

NEW MANIC PANIC AMPLIFIED ATOMIC TORQUOISE HAIR DYE on eBay (end time 02-May-10 23:37:04 BST)

I have seen hair that white with store bought bleach kits and the Schwarzkopf Live Platinum Blonde too.

Are you sure thats not a wig? If you bleached the hair to that extreme, it would not normally take the blue very well, and that looks suspiciously even!

I may be wrong, and a shockinly good colourist did her hair, but I am suspicious.

Not a hair geek but I know alot of these 'emo' kids use clip in extensions to get those colour flashes, which migh explain why they look so even! Just google 'scene hair' and you'll see what I mean, alot of crazy colour effects! x

Fudge whiter shade of pale, hard to get hold of but works a treat !

bring the hair down to a pale yellow with the foils. then mis half 9.01 and half 9.01 richesse with richesse releaser. this will give you a creamy white blonde. if you want it ashy creamy blonde use 9.01 on its own. to get it grey you would need to use 9.11 grey iceberg in richesse this is a really strong toner... richesse milk shakes are awsome and dont be scared to leave them on for upto 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back