Help, overspray is ruining my furniture and walls!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if it's even possible to stop overspray completely, particularly if you are doing lots every day. I was told to keep the machine as far away from the gun as you can when in use. Sit the machine on couch roll or a towel as well as putting dust sheets/tarpaulins under and around your tent. Tan definitely escapes from the cord area at the back of my compressor so I have to be careful where I place it. I still find a thin layer of tan on everything despite all these efforts Thomas go We are converting our double garage into a salon and will be incorporating a wet room in it so I can just shower it all away. I can't see any other way of containing it completely.

I went for a tan and she had the settings on low and was able to get close with the gun and no over spray! Was amazing! Will ask her next time I go in for more details x

I'm not sure if it's even possible to stop overspray completely, particularly if you are doing lots every day. I was told to keep the machine as far away from the gun as you can when in use. Sit the machine on couch roll or a towel as well as putting dust sheets/tarpaulins under and around your tent. Tan definitely escapes from the cord area at the back of my compressor so I have to be careful where I place it. I still find a thin layer of tan on everything despite all these efforts Thomas go We are converting our double garage into a salon and will be incorporating a wet room in it so I can just shower it all away. I can't see any other way of containing it completely.

Exactly this happens my cord on the machine also... I just clean the foam on the motor every day...

I went for a tan and she had the settings on low and was able to get close with the gun and no over spray! Was amazing! Will ask her next time I go in for more details x

To be honest, it's not always obvious straight after doing the spray tan. The overspray is in the air and takes a while to settle. Often it's when you go to pick something up off a nearby shelf and its white underneath you realise there's a thin film of brown everywhere!

To be honest, it's not always obvious straight after doing the spray tan. The overspray is in the air and takes a while to settle. Often it's when you go to pick something up off a nearby shelf and its white underneath you realise there's a thin film of brown everywhere!

I hope the client don't see this:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I hope the client don't see this:eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is why I decided not to do mobile spray tans! I've done it for a friend once as she has a massive kitchen, dark tiled floors, dark units and black marble work tips, but I still covered everything with dust sheets and couch roll!

I just get them to stand at the back of the tent and put a towel on the floor, then wipe the floor with the towel after. But clients always want mobile tho anyway!

I just get them to stand at the back of the tent and put a towel on the floor, then wipe the floor with the towel after. But clients always want mobile tho anyway!

It's funny how it varies isn't it? I've never been asked if I do it mobile and neither has my daughter (who does tans too) and we live out in the sticks so it's a bit of an effort to get to us too!

Everyone who contacts me mostly new clients, want me to go to them! LOL Crazy but like I said if your gun is down very low there is minimal overspray.

Has anyone bought St.Tropez on Amazon? I'm on it now and every comment is saying it's not genuine?

Has anyone bought St.Tropez on Amazon? I'm on it now and every comment is saying it's not genuine?

I really wouldn't buy beauty products from anywhere other than reputable suppliers. You never know if what you are getting is genuine or fake x

@noreenoconnor @Beautiful-you @donnamich @RED STAR @blossom I honesly think the reason why some people feel like violet based are light is because they've never experienced the violet before. Being so used to Green bases and being darker with them, and not realizing your tan will only go as dark as it can depending on your skin.

Last edited:
@noreenoconnor @Beautiful-you @donnamich @RED STAR @blossom I honesly think the reason why some people feel like violet based are light is because they've never experienced the violet before. Being so used to Green bases and being darker with them, and not realizing your tan will only go as dark as it can depending on your skin.
I go darker off a violet base than i do off a green. But i think thats because i have a yellow undertone to my skin, so the violet base is what i should be using xx

Same here! I have young clients who want to be ultra dark and a green base actually allows to go darker where as I think they just look Orange. But I think green bases definitely go darker on white skin tones!

You've probably already thought of this but just incase you haven't...make sure you use dark coloured grout in your wet room if you're having it tiled! Tan sticks to white grout and it's a bugger to clean

I agree with Ash. Lower your gun setting. I've got the glam machine and usually start at 3 and lower to 2 after it's warmed up. And let clients stand as far back in your tent as possible.

I have to say I had this exact problem despite every effort - I eventually gave up the tanning and sold my kit

Knowing how much spray is left in the room I didn't feel comfortable taking it mobile, or cream sodas/carpets/etc [emoji33]

I understand what your saying BUT if your spray in one room constantly stuff will stain but if you're going to the persons house only twice or 3 times a month seriously that won't do any harm! If your dial is down to almost locked and your close to the body over spray almost doesn't happen! It's funny cause over spray happens with everything we spray i.e: hairspray my mirror actually feels sticky after using it.

Only ever spray on wooden or tiled floors like a kitchen or bathroom

Hi did you get your garage converted OK? Did you find a way to deal with the over spray?

Hi did you get your garage converted OK? Did you find a way to deal with the over spray?
It's not quite finished yet :-( but hopefully not far off as prom season is close! We have built a separate room with a large shower tray and shower and put in an extractor fan as it is on an outside wall - the type of extractor fans you have in bathrooms - there is also a small window. I am hoping that will be enough to remove the fumes etc ... I also hope overspray won't escape into the adjoining treatment room when the door is opened!

Latest posts

Back