Help picking a colour house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikinkibabyx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a level 2 svq hairdressing student and need help picking a colour house for homers.

I use goldwell in college but not 100% on using it at home.

I've used Schwarzkopf igora royal, wella , rusk, luocolor ( for toners ), matrix ( only used toners before ) and affinage .

The range I've used most of is igora royal but can find sometimes it's a bit opaque on greys and the coverage doesn't last as long as desired.

Every other range I've only used a few colours so can't decide ?

I want to buy a colour chart but can't decide and don't want to spend a lot of money on a chart I'm not 100% on..

Any suggestions/ ideas? I know it's all about getting used to using a specific range but I need help in picking one to start at least x

rusk could be a good idea. cheaper range, but still half decent quality and bigger tubes! honestly I've tried the using loreal/Wella for mobile and it just adds up too to much when you're starting out

rusk could be a good idea. cheaper range, but still half decent quality and bigger tubes! honestly I've tried the using loreal/Wella for mobile and it just adds up too to much when you're starting out

I like rusk, matrix and affinage for that reason! 90-100ml tubes for a good price and I've had good results with the colours I've used so far but my problem is I've not used enough to make the decision myself lol!

The self employed stylist in my salon uses affinage and her clients are always over the moon, and I like that 1. It's 100ml tubes and 2. It contains shea butter .. But can't get it at a wholesaler and would need to order it from the rep

What colour house do you use? Xx

I use silky they're 100ml tubes and there mixed 1:1:15 so plenty of working products they're only available from salon promotions they deliver next day though. X

I'd stick will goldwell, it cheap, you can go on their mini courses to get more confident, their coverage is amazing, I find it's more durable than most brands.

Don't be disheartened with using it in college, once your shown how to use it it's fab.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Still undecided !!

Rusk, matrix or affinage?? X

Still undecided !!

Rusk, matrix or affinage?? X

Used Matrix for yrs and yrs, love it, hated Affinage, never tried Rusk...

Get a tube of each brand of you can, in the same shades and try them all

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained with Matrix and like it a lot, but find it a pain to get hold of.

Wanted to try Affinage but same problem, can't get hold of it easily, and mail-order is a minefield if you're in certain postcode areas.

Currently trialling Wella and Goldwell myself to switch as they're easy to get hold of!

I can't really advise which ones good as I have only use matrix and Indola which found both ok, however if your recently qualified I would make sure it is a make that does a lot of training courses e.g seen Loreal, matrix and wella. I'm level 3 qualified a year ago and still unsure about colour would like to go for a course but we use Indola in the salon I'm in and struggling to find a course so would defo use one which does courses, even if you don't do one you've got the choice then x

Latest posts

Back