Help please I dyed my hair to dark and need it gone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmie86

Reaction score
Hello all, Well I made an almighty hair mistake I know I'm not the first nor will I be the last but I'm really hoping you can help me as I would be truly greatful for any advice. Basically my natural hair colour is a dark ashy brown but for years now I have been having having it highlighted to a very light blond. Anyway I was maid of honour for my best friends wedding a couple of weeks ago and had about 4inches of really dark roots really not a good look for photos and no money to get my hair done so I grabbed a Live colour xxl in the cool brown shade and dyed my hair and it turned out very very dark brown a lovely colour but way to dark for me as I'm natually very pale, also I did an absolutly rubbish job of applying it so when viewed in natural light you can see how patchy it is. So now I really regret it. I have been washing it a couple of times every otherday with head and shoulders whitch has helped slightly, however in Jan I get my student loan and can afford to go to a salon to get if fixed so that gives me a few weeks to heal it a bit although considering the tourture I inflict on it's not to bad so I really want to get back to my old blonde and have heard about this eraser product that is meant to be quite good for your hair so basically I had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me with:

1) I understand alot of work and time and money will be needed to correct my mistake but what should I be asking for and expect when I go to the salon as I said I want get as close to my blonde as possible and I have an awful tendancy of confusing hairdressers?

2) If going back to blonde at the moment is an impossible dream right now I don't mind going somewhere close to my natural shade but looking at old photos even my natural hair colour looks really dark I have really pale skin with an oval face and grey eyes if blonde is impossible what colour should I tell them I aiming for that would suit me?

Im super sorry that my post is really long and confusing I hope someone is able to help thanks in advance xxxx

Ps does anyone have a professional opinion regarding Eraser?

Latest posts

Back