Red to caramel blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missyjj

Reaction score
Is it possible without bleaching? I put a light brown on my hair today. Don’t know why. 🥹 I want to go from red to dark blonde. I don’t want to use bleach or toners I want to stick to box dyes as that’s my budget. My hair below is my current hair and the other one is what I want. Thank you :) Ps my hair is bleached blonde underneath the red/brown and my roots are to my temples and my natural hair colour is very light brown.

Attachments

• IMG_9610.jpeg
    IMG_9610.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9611.png
    IMG_9611.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9596.png
    IMG_9596.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Is it possible without bleaching? I put a light brown on my hair today. Don’t know why. 🥹 I want to go from red to dark blonde. I don’t want to use bleach or toners I want to stick to box dyes as that’s my budget. My hair below is my current hair and the other one is what I want. Thank you :) Ps my hair is bleached blonde underneath the red/brown and my roots are to my temples and my natural hair colour is very light brown.
Obviously the process can be a bit unpredictable. What I would do to start with is do a colour remover. This will help remove the artificial colour you've put on and hopefully reveal the lighter colour underneath.
It may not be as light as you want it to be, but it will be a good starting point because, the colour remover is much kinder than bleach. Causes very minimal damage and allows you to re colour straight after.
The colour 8N will be a challenge to achieve especially over the coloured ends. Realistically a 7N is more achiaveable with out bleach and still being able to achieve a more even result. As you can imagine if you put an 8N on even after a colour remover. Your natural hair is still going to lighten more than the rest. So ideally you want to avoid that.

Obviously the process can be a bit unpredictable. What I would do to start with is do a colour remover. This will help remove the artificial colour you've put on and hopefully reveal the lighter colour underneath.
It may not be as light as you want it to be, but it will be a good starting point because, the colour remover is much kinder than bleach. Causes very minimal damage and allows you to re colour straight after.
The colour 8N will be a challenge to achieve especially over the coloured ends. Realistically a 7N is more achiaveable with out bleach and still being able to achieve a more even result. As you can imagine if you put an 8N on even after a colour remover. Your natural hair is still going to lighten more than the rest. So ideally you want to avoid that.
Thank you. Would

L’OrĂ©al Paris Excellence Cool Crème Permanent Hair Dye, Long-lasting Anti-Brassiness Colour, 6.11 Ultra Ash Dark Blonde​

work out ok? Thank you x​

Thank you. Would

L’OrĂ©al Paris Excellence Cool Crème Permanent Hair Dye, Long-lasting Anti-Brassiness Colour, 6.11 Ultra Ash Dark Blonde​

work out ok? Thank you x​

After a colour remover it would give you a darker cooler colour than what you're looking for. Generally after a colour remover you need to select a shade at least 1 shade lighter than what you're trying to achieve. So for example if you want a level 7 .... you apply a level 8.

Latest posts

Back