Help please, I'm confused re rentals and %'s

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junejuno

Reaction score
:confused:I have read all the posts on rent a chair and the various splits if you do it on a % basis.
I am still a little confused. I am presently interviewing stylists and beauticians to work self employed in my new studio opening soon in Carlisle, Cumbria. It is located in an affluent main road location about half a mile from the city centre. I am struggling to settle on figures.
Am I right in thinking that the following are the norm?

1) Flat rent of anything between £100 and £250 per week depending on location.

2) 50/50 split if I supply the products (some say 60/40 in my favour)

3) 60/40 split in the girls favour if they supply their own products.

Any feedback gratefully received.

hi were goin to be working wiv some stylists on 60/40 basis with junior stylists we said we wud give them a chance and work on either 70/30 basis or if they have just qualified were goin to work on 80/20 basis that gives them time to build up there clients too ,so the 1st figure is how much they take ,the last figure of the percentage is how much we take eg: so say if its 70/30 we take £3.00 in every £10.00 they earn it works out easier that way hope this helps hun let me know how it goes ok .

Hi im starting in a salon in october and working on 60/40 basis. i work as self employed and give my salon 40% for use of their facilities. This encludes products and use of bed,equipment etc.
x x

Thank you both.

Latest posts

Back