Help Please..nail course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyJane

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I'm new to this site today so please bear with me.

I am wanting to do a nail course (don't know the correct terminology)

Basically I want to be able to do Acrylic and Gel nails (is nail technician the right word?)

I have never done anything before apart from I have a rio kit and do my own nails and I am quite good at Nail Art.

I live in Wakefield west yorks and have tried looking up Nail Academies/Colleges/Courses etc. Everyone at the colleges is telling me I need to have completed a Manicure and Pedicure course first. There is only one place in Wakefield called Picassos who said I don't have do this and I can do an Acrylics course over four Saturdays for £500 plus vat. I don't know if this is good or bad. I have also looked at the home study courses but not sure if they work as you don't have a tutor to guide you.

I work full time so it would have to be an evening or weekend course but I want something to start as soon as possible and a lot of them also don't start until september.
Please can anyone help. Any info would be much appreciated
Thanks

Jayne :)

There have been loads of threads about training which will give you much information. There is an article also on choosing training. http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html

I would recommend a manufacturers course rather than home learn or college as they are much more indepth.

Look for companies such as Creative (Sweet Squared), EZ Flow, NSI, OPI etc. etc.

If you check in the links directory on here you will find contact details.

Hope that helps.

Hi Fiona

I will try have a look at what you suggested.
Thanks very much. I am lost for what to do and where to look at the moment. People have told me so many different things.

I will check out what you said.
:)
Thanks again.
Jayne

Hi Jayne

Welcome to the site :hug:

I would recommended trying to get training from Creative, Ezflow, or NSI. There are others I just cant remember their names!

I completed a home study course as that was my only option at the time but I am now training with Ezflow and my rep is brilliant, so much more helpful than the college.

Hi and welcome to the site. I trained with Creative and in my opinion they are the best company to go with with regards to the quality of the training, products, customer service...I could go on :green:

Could you not put holidays in from your job - if you do a foundation course you will do 3 days in one week, go back a couple of weeks later for 1 day and then back for 1 more day a few weeks after that and all being well (ie..you pass the exam) you will receive your Foundation training certificate. Good luck with whichever route you choose to take :hug:

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome & help.

I have gone on Creative's website and I am printing some info off at the moment.

I have contacted Salmas Beauty Academy in Batley and she is going to send me some information.

Also there is a an evening course I could enrol on which starts mid February but I need to do a Manicure & Pedicure VTCT course first. Does anyone know if these are short courses or if there is a fasttrack one anywhere

Thanks
Jayne

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome & help.

I have gone on Creative's website and I am printing some info off at the moment.

I have contacted Salmas Beauty Academy in Batley and she is going to send me some information.

Also there is a an evening course I could enrol on which starts mid February but I need to do a Manicure & Pedicure VTCT course first. Does anyone know if these are short courses or if there is a fasttrack one anywhere

Thanks
Jayne
Hi there,
I would definitely go with Creative. Just give them a call and you'll be able to find out your nearest Creative trainer. I'm 3 days into my Creative Foundation course and I'm really loving it. I was like you and wasn't sure what way to go but after speaking to lots of people it became clear that Creative was the best.
Hope you get on ok.
Helen

Hi Helen
Thanks for the info. I have justed printed out some info from their website, so I will have a look and give them a ring.

Cheers
Jayne:lol:

You'll not go wrong with Creative and Sweet Squared. I've done a number of courses with them have always been impressed.

Hi again

As I am new to this and it is probably only a sideline for me I have looked at a home course with Nail Essentials.

Has anyone done this and is it any good.

I will probably on do nails for family and friends.

I can't go on a full course because I work full time.:cry:

Thanks

Hi again

As I am new to this and it is probably only a sideline for me I have looked at a home course with Nail Essentials.

Has anyone done this and is it any good.

I will probably on do nails for family and friends.

I can't go on a full course because I work full time.:cry:

Thanks

Hi, do a search on essential nails for opinions on this method of learning. I know it can be difficult with taking time off work for training, but nails really aren't something you can do half heartedly <not suggesting that's the case with you, personally> :hug:.

It is much more of a skill than the uninitiated can sometimes give it credit for. It takes a lot of educating and dedicated practise before most people are anywhere near to producing a set they can be halfway satisfied with.

Good luck with whatever route you choose. :)

Latest posts

Back