Help sculpting clear stiletto nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
So i'm new to sculpting & i have only sculpted a few sets of square nails, never stiletto.

I have been asked by a client to sculpt stilettos then apply nail art. She has brought a pic to show me design & colours etc.

My question: how do i sculpt stilettos in clear acrylic?! Do i use reverse method still as if i was doing a pink & white? Do i start at the free edge & work up through zones 2 & 3 then cap? Do i need to cap at all?

As you can see i am pretty new to sculpting :lol: would appreciate any tips or advice x

If you're just doing a totally clear acrylic stiletto, then use the method you feel comfortable with.

I don't do many clear stilettos, but when I have I normally apply the form and start at the clients free edge. I sculpt the "stiletto" part first, then work on zones 2 & 3 to blend and build the apex. Obviously you have no smile line to worry about, so these are easier than pink & whites.

I'm sure every geek has their own method, but this is my preferred way of doing it.

Hope that helps a bit! xx

I'm so nervous lol! I hate sculpting but i really want to master it as it seems so much easier than tips! If i start by sculpting the free edge, do i overlap the acrylic onto the natural free edge first? Do i still cap? X

I'm so nervous lol! I hate sculpting but i really want to master it as it seems so much easier than tips! If i start by sculpting the free edge, do i overlap the acrylic onto the natural free edge first? Do i still cap? X

Yes I would overlap the free edge, so you attach the free edge, form and acrylic altogether.

As you are using clear you will be blending and building at the same time, so build to your desired thickness but no need to cap as such as the nail will blended as you go. Just look out for low spots on the stiletto - look at it from all angles to see if it needs more product anywhere.

Also make sure the form is pinched right to the tip to get a good stiletto.

Good luck - keep at it! xx

Well, what a failure! I did them but not happy. This was my 3rd ever set of sculpted nails & 1st attempt at almond shape. Although i think i have invented a new shape as i have no idea what shape they have turned out :lol:

Luckily, it was my close friend i practised on. Kinda knocked my confidence abit but i did them in an hour & 10 mins as opposed to 2 hours when using tips. I'll post a pic but please be nice :( need filing a whole lot more on sidewalls & debulking but suppose for 1st attempt i can't expect perfection

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398276263.183406.jpg

Well, what a failure! I did them but not happy. This was my 3rd ever set of sculpted nails & 1st attempt at almond shape. Although i think i have invented a new shape as i have no idea what shape they have turned out :lol:

Luckily, it was my close friend i practised on. Kinda knocked my confidence abit but i did them in an hour & 10 mins as opposed to 2 hours when using tips. I'll post a pic but please be nice :( need filing a whole lot more on sidewalls & debulking but suppose for 1st attempt i can't expect perfection

View attachment 62959

Don't beat yourself up - not bad for a 3rd set of sculpted - practice, practice practice is the name of the game!

It's great you've identified what you need to do next time - refine and "tuck in" sidewalls, and yes de-bulk slightly. Job done!!

Love the colour by the way!! :) :) xx

Don't beat yourself up - not bad for a 3rd set of sculpted - practice, practice practice is the name of the game!

It's great you've identified what you need to do next time - refine and "tuck in" sidewalls, and yes de-bulk slightly. Job done!!

Love the colour by the way!! :) :) xx

The colour is the only thing i like! I know i'm way too hard on myself but i just want to be good at what i do lol. I'm self taught aswell when it comes to sculpting so its liteally all foreign to me. Gonna keep practising & try my hardest to get rid of tips xx

Latest posts

Back