Help setting up freelance hair extension business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping you wouldn’t go there
Ok I guess I have too now! Lol
And we are off topic now sorry guys.
So I have problem with companies masking their product.
Within this thread names of companies mention that claim they are keratin based when in fact they are:
[FONT=&quot]Blend of Silicon Adhesive, Blend of Cyclohexane, Polysiloxane, Naphtha, Toluene, Benzene[/FONT]
Is this or not the keratin glue remover used to remove keratin glue.

Of the glue recommended by lucelasticxplease click here
Keratin Fusion Glue Remover

Then further down. You mention to lucelasticx
lu I believe Italian keratin stick glue is long lasting and is fab for pre bonding
but it seems hard get hold of ....

and the list goes on and on throughout the thread. This keratin information is misleading information in my books Minky especialy to the end consumer and professionals using it.
Hence my mention glorified.
And at now point did we disrespect the companies using this glue.
i personally stated that it was glorified because they contain no keratin in the ingredients.

At no point did I mislead our glue into something it’s not.
Again a stating facts like it or not .
We all want to make a living but an honest 1
most people are bored of me by now lol.
Thats what you get by being a technical guy

cheers guys

Last edited:
For those few of you want to test this for your self do this simple test.
keratin can be many things such as
bird feathers,human hair, or human nails or even animal hair and nails.
1.Take some keratin hair or nails and imerse it into your bonding remover which usualy is either metholated spirits or acetone base or sometimes citrus based.
once you have immerse it you will find that the REAL keratin wont break down.

2.Take your plomers used to adhear your hair or nails and immerse them in your remover and see what happens.
The result will reveal whether your polymer is synthetic or real keratin.

Only a lab test will atcualy confirm wether the polymer contains any form of human or animal keratin within.

Hello lusciouslox
Can you please clear something up ....

Why are you telling me about your personal issues you have with Keratin...

Hmmm on second thoughts don't answer .... lol

I can see from your other post that you have deep personal issues with company's who proclaim they use it in their product :eek:

So ....why dont you just sit and write them a long long letter.... :zzz:

Also.... I think you know very well ...... what I said and what I meant
but I shall rephrase it again for you below ...... so hopefully you will understand quite clearly
what I mean ....

oh... and hopefully you won't try to deliberately misunderstand, twist or pick at this post as you did with my other post (that you have linked ) just so you could utilize my words for your own particular personal issues that you seem to have with Keratin or the lack of it.... lol

I will say again .....
that you should also respect other peoples choices and freedom of choice to use what ever system they like and whatever product they like .... without them being made to feel bad about their personal choices :sad:

I have also said to you .... that I thought your system was a very good system and wished you the very best of luck ..... and I sincerely do ......

so please can you give it a rest now...... as its kinda :zzz: :rolleyes:

:wink2: Kindest regards :) minky

I hope your not accusing me of anything?
You questioned my glorified glue comment and I backed it up.
As I mention in a previous post actualy enjoy re tipping hair and find it relaxing. Re have re tipped hair in various methods and glues for various aplications. I at no point posted comments stating that re tipping in a particular way was right or wrong. I would like to belive that this forum is to share trade advice and information. The information I have given is correct and true. Sorry for sharing.
Ciao

I hope your not accusing me of anything?

Hi Good morning lusciouslox
dont be a silly billy lol .... I never had a glue clue as to what you were going on about or why.... :eek: but .....I realized it was something to with the way you felt about your keratin issues, I never had an inkling
you had problems with it until you spoke about it ..... a lot :lol: lol

still not sure too sure whether you like it being in hair extension glue or not .....

You questioned my glorified glue comment and I backed it up.

I didn't understand what your Glorified glue comment issues were about ?
but thank you for sharing :)

As I mention in a previous post actualy enjoy re tipping hair and find it relaxing. Re have re tipped hair in various methods and glues for various
aplications.

I know :)

I at no point posted comments stating that re tipping in a particular way was right or wrong.

Never said that .... lol
but I won't go into detail again .... :zzz:

I would like to belive that this forum is to share trade advice and information. The information I have given is correct and true. Sorry for sharing.
Ciao

We all like to share so ..... it's no big deal ..... but just wondered where the whole Keratin thing came from :eek: .....
especially when you linked a post from me saying......that
(" I believed Italian Keratin is good but seems hard to find ")

I was looking out for this particular type of glue purely by it's name
as it is quite hard to find over here in the UK , but... it has some very good qualities that I like about it , not because it may or may not contain any specific ingredient .... I personally would like to try it for my own reasons.

Like yourself ..... I totally understand that certain branded extension glues may lack a specific certain ingredient in it as you have mentioned
but I personally .... don't have any issues with the lack of it ....

I mean take for instance the supermarket shampoo called head and shoulders OTC stuff ..... we all know it wouldn't actually have heads and shoulders in it .... lol

but thank you for your knowledgeable glue product input though :)

So back to your specific * keratin * issue..... may I ask you out of puzzled interest ..... do you prefer Keratin in a hair extension glue product or not ?

Ps .... sorry I didn't realize you were a Guy I actually thought you were a Gal until I saw that your profile had been filled in as Male :) .... but please do not take this the wrong way or think I am being sexist in any way, because that is not my intention at all :hug:

I think you are an extremely talented business minded logical type of Guy ,
and sometimes us Gals well I for one admit that I have a totally different way of thinking and looking at things than what most Guys do :|
I found myself on a totally different wave length .....
as sometimes I simply couldn't see where you where coming from .....
but I understand more now that I know I am chatting to a Guy IYKWIM :)
I hope that made sense,
lol minky x

Latest posts

Back