Help, Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_everiss

Reaction score
Hi,
I need your help- I'm new on here, so I apologise if I'm not doing this correctly.

I've been reseraching what type of gels to get (Shellac/ OPI/ Gellish, etc) and decided on Shellac...I think! But realised there are loads of different types: CND, CCO, Bluesky..

What's the difference and what do you recommend that I go with?

Thank you.

CND Shellac is the original one of a kind, 100% genuine article. The others are imitations. Welcome to salongeek.

Hi,
I need your help- I'm new on here, so I apologise if I'm not doing this correctly.

I've been reseraching what type of gels to get (Shellac/ OPI/ Gellish, etc) and decided on Shellac...I think! But realised there are loads of different types: CND, CCO, Bluesky..

What's the difference and what do you recommend that I go with?

Thank you.

There are not loads of Shellac's there is only 1 the CND one! All the rest are various types of gel polishes. Its a common misconception a bit like calling vacuum cleaners Hoovers.

Karaxxx

Are the imitations any good or should they be avoided at all costs?! How come they can get away with putting 'Shellac' on their bottles?!

Best to do a search for CCO and the likes and it will all become clear. Loads of info and threads on the subject. X

Are the imitations any good or should they be avoided at all costs?! How come they can get away with putting 'Shellac' on their bottles?!

There are loads of different opinions and views on here, use the search facility it'll help loads.

Only thing I will strongly advise is, stay well clear of Bluesky and anything else for sale on Ebay. Stick to reputable distributors that ask for qualifications, will support you and sell a quality product.

Karaxxx

They haven't. There is only one Shellac® and that is manufactured by CND.

I think it is important to distinguish between imitators and counterfeits. There are a number of legitimate gel polishes that imitate the big brands roving a similar service at a lower price point. Those products stand on their own and are clearly what they are. Counterfeiters use the design, color names and graphic identity of a name brand to confuse either tech, clients, or DIYers into buying their products. Bluesky and CCO are the most notable of these - and there are actually different brands of CCO manufactured by different companies in Guangzhou, China. These companies aim to stay one step ahead of regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and the courts, but they have been successfully sued by CND and Nail and Hand Harmony and had to remove "Shellac" or Gelish from their labels. There are additional lawsuits pending now. These products have even been seized by the authorities and destroyed at beauty shows as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back