Help thinking of introducing opening hair salon with existing beauty salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautystar

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a lot of wasted space within my existing beauty salon in London and with increasing costs most notably ridiculous business rates.

I have come to the conclusion that I need to introduce something new to my existing clientele.

After discussing things with my business partner she has come up with the idea of a Blow Dry Bar.

What do u guys think?

Can this work or do we have to offer a full service salon?

Given that neither of us has any hair salon experience how difficult is it to set this up ?

I have enough room for three stations without.

Where would I go to find experienced hair stylists and how much should I look to pay someone to do just blow drys?

Apologies for all the questions just don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks

It's the in thing at the min but unless you can offer a full service I can't see the return business, I have a few ladies I do ever week for a blowdry but also colour and cut every 6 week's and sometimes they want the fringe cutting so what would you do if some one wanted a fringe trim and blowdry? Turn them away?

It might work if you have alot of passing trade, also how hug is your place and what other services for you provide? Would the sound of the driers not stop the relaxed feeling?

Well we have some here in Dallas n they're a pretty big hit.. there alot of business for dry bars here but not sure in LOndon!! they offer a shampoo, deep conditioning, blow out, styling,updos... not sure how they get paid tho, but they hire you if u have atleast a shampoo apprentice license!! these kinda places also offer party packages as alot of girls tend to go in groups to get there hair done for events & parties !

Latest posts

Back