Help toenail has been ripped off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aayspa

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I'm writing this in a state of tears so excuse the spelling etc.

Just been out dancing and some nice old chap has kicked my foot and lifted my second toenail off the bed. It's bleeding and hanging on by the cuticle. Can see a pool of blood underneath it where it's all raised and sticking up.

What can I do with it?!

My first comment was omg what are my clients gonna think when I only have 9 pretty shellac'd toes. Lol can tell what I do for a living!!

Soooo sorry this has happened. Don't have any answers, but do hope you're not in too much pain now. Xxx

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Soooo sorry this has happened. Don't have any answers, but do hope you're not in too much pain now. Xxx

Seeing, capturing, creating & presenting beauty

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Thank you. Have taken paracetamol and codine and its throbbing like hell!! Can cope with pain just don't wanna lose my nail. I guess that's a really girly thing to say lol x

My boyfriend did this to me on my big tie a few months back, luckily we had both had a few to drink which took away the pain! Luckily it didnt lift up but it split quite a way down!! I'm keeping it on the gel! Feel for you xx

If you are in an obvious amount of pain, my suggestion would be A&E or OoH /Walk in Clinic.... they will give ya painkillers, might remove the nail for ya, and most deffo bandage u up I reckon, you will NOT be able to sleep with a toe like that my luv x
If your worried about the cosmetic side of it, my friend at college had her big toenail removed, and she painted a toenail on her bandage, and made a light joke about her situation.... TBH Most clients prob wont notice (ya can always invest in some "crocs") as they would cover your toes until ur healed
I hope u heal quickly
PS - Am in tears for ya hun, I cant do any sort of nail injury, it gives me the heebies xx

Thanks for your replies.

A&E is not a place for me, hospitals bloody terrify me. I have calmed myself down now, think the shock of it and the sight of blood made me a bit loopy for a while.

Think I'll just pray for a miracle over night and hope it reattaches itself lol. If not then I guess I'll have to deal with it tomo although I think even soaking it in water is gonna be painful.

Painting a nail on the plaster/bandage is a good idea actually lol thanks for that x

How is it is morning. I'm sure it was so painful xx

I doubt very much it will reattach! I had something similar happen once. I left it for a week to make sure there was no infection then I made myself a replacement acrylic toenail which I could then paint/gel over. However mine was my big toe and I still had half the nail to acrylic on to. You may find if you lose the whole nail, the acrylic one may pop off every now and then so be sure to have some proper safe medical grade glue to be able to stick it back on!

Thanks for your replies.

A&E is not a place for me, hospitals bloody terrify me. I have calmed myself down now, think the shock of it and the sight of blood made me a bit loopy for a while.

Think I'll just pray for a miracle over night and hope it reattaches itself lol. If not then I guess I'll have to deal with it tomo although I think even soaking it in water is gonna be painful.

Painting a nail on the plaster/bandage is a good idea actually lol thanks for that x

I think if its lifted, and just hanging on by the cuticle, then it wont reattched, i seriously think u gonna need to bite the bullet and nip to a walk in clinic etc, the last thing u want is an infection. You'll be in and out of hosp in an hr or so, no worries about painting a nail on, i didnt suggest acrylic/gel nail as i didnt want u to hurt yourself anymore, which is why i suggested just painting a nail on
Hope u get sorted asap xx

I hope you are ok?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am now calmer and have things in perspective, it is just a toenail not life and death I guess I just worry about the cosmetic stuff.

Have got my granny here today for her birthday so she's been keeping me distracted and making me soak my foot in dettol!! Lol. Would never have used this on anything but my floors but apparently a great antiseptic.

The throbbing has died down and a lot more comfortable and seems a bit more attached than just the cuticle when I gave it a wiggle after being soaked. I still think it will come off but will leave it to do that in its own time. It's a problem not being able to see how much of it is lifted with my pretty Rockstar shellac covering it up but can't get it off by soaking or filing so hoping the dettol will gently lift it off. Seems to always lift my mums nails when she's naughty with no gloves, typical it's not working now lol x

Latest posts

Back