Help, what is this condition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364980192.903587.jpg

Do you have more information??
Like when did you notice it?
Is it your feet?
Is it only those toes?
Pain/itchy/sensitive etc?

Do you have more information??
Like when did you notice it?
Is it your feet?
Is it only those toes?
Pain/itchy/sensitive etc?

Shame on me - they are my feet!
Not itchy or sore
It's only on those to toes
I've just put some cuticle away on them an waited a bit - when I went to remove it, it was so hard, like an extra nail on top of my other one?? Here's a pic of them now.... ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364982585.205004.jpg

Can u see the top of the nail? It's like another layer/extra skin/nail on it?

It's freaking me out to be honest, I thought when I seem it a few weeks ago it was just cuticle growing down the nail?!

Bump!!!!!!! Would really like to know if anyone's seen it before?!

Is it possible that it is just some base coat that didn't soak off all the way? If its slightly shiny, try soaking it off a bit longer.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Have you had any trauma to the toes? Stubbed them awhile back? Do you run?

Looks fungal to me, pop along to pharmacist or doctor, perhaps chiropodist???

Mmmm who's the most appropriate to go to, I'm not sure? Maybe someone else can help with that

P x

I could possibly be fungal, if it is olive and tee tree oil would clear this up.
Works wonders!

X

Have you had any trauma to the toes? Stubbed them awhile back? Do you run?

I took up jogging a few months ago?? On/off?

Looks fungal to me, pop along to pharmacist or doctor, perhaps chiropodist???

Mmmm who's the most appropriate to go to, I'm not sure? Maybe someone else can help with that

P x

Fungal!! Lol

I took up jogging a few months ago?? On/off?

I've had this myself. Does it look like a new nail nub growing underneath? Do run with good fitting, good quality shoes? The old nail is what has suffered trauma and has cracked close to the cuticle area. A new nail is growing in.

Some Nail fungi has yellowing, thickening, discoloration, and yellowish crud growing under the nail that you can see if you use an orange wood stick to clean it. Do you see anything like that?

Last edited:
I've had this myself. Does it look like a new nail nub growing underneath? Do run with good fitting, good quality shoes? The old nail is what has suffered trauma and has cracked close to the cuticle area. A new nail is growing in.

Some Nail fungi has yellowing, thickening, discoloration, and yellowish crud growing under the nail that you can see if you use an orange wood stick to clean it. Do you see anything like that?
It's sounds about right except for the yellowish thing?

Looks like tight fitting trainers to me. Pressure on the nails and they have detached. The new nail is growing behind the detached nail. It will grow out but you need better fitting trainers and shorter nails.

Thanks everyone :)

Latest posts

Back